How many NHL fans do we have here? (1 Viewer)

Yeah, around these parts Andrew Peters on his podcast here was saying it looked intention right from the get go. So then I watched it. That dude intentionally tried to injur that dude, no doubt in my mind.
Holy cow. I just saw the video. just wow. I'm speechless. Looked like a karate kick

This is the only time you may hear me agree 100% with Torts ever.

Here's the play:

Here's Torts' response:

Screenshot_20231202-082858.png

Screenshot_20231202-082936.png

Go until the whistle. Period. There were multiple mistakes... Slow/late whistle, Hughes losing his sense of what's going on and softening up, but I don't think Hathaway made a mistake on that play. Yet to cover up for their mistakes, the zebras assess a game misconduct? Hughes was on his back when the whistle was blown. Hathaway should've known there was an intent to whistle the play down? Sad, really.

Not a Flyers' sympathizer here, but this is ridiculous.

This is the only time you may hear me agree 100% with Torts ever.

Here's the play:

Here's Torts' response:

View attachment 1233404
View attachment 1233405

Go until the whistle. Period. There were multiple mistakes... Slow/late whistle, Hughes losing his sense of what's going on and softening up, but I don't think Hathaway made a mistake on that play. Yet to cover up for their mistakes, the zebras assess a game misconduct? Hughes was on his back when the whistle was blown. Hathaway should've known there was an intent to whistle the play down? Sad, really.

Not a Flyers' sympathizer here, but this is ridiculous.
Saw that the other day. Couldn’t agree more.

Torts is old school at his core, which I respect. Yeah, he's been a c*nt in the past but he's totally right. The league is full of soft talented players who have speed.

On the other side, I don't think some of the reffing in the league could possibly be or get worse.

They can't all be Wes McCauley.
I miss when the refs had personalities, when you had a rough idea of what type of game it was going to be based on the guys in stripes for the night. Guys like Koharski, Scapinello, McCreary, Fraser etc. Now you have you your generic run of the mill guy out there. I know their job is tough but I like when they had their name on their uniforms back in the day, it gave them some more personality.

Team USA was a wagon and a half the whole tournament. Major props to them, easily the favourites for next year.
Depending on how many will be returning. Most of the better prospects and players are top draft pics coming up in June, and will likely be in the bigs or in the farm team. Fowler will be returning as #1 goaltender for USA next season. Hutson will be in the AHL as he is signing a contract with the Habs at the end of the NCAA season and will play a few games at the end of the year with the big club.
You can never discount Team Canada. They had a sub standard team this year, with only Celebrini stepping up. There is always lots of prospects and a big pool ready to step up.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see Gavin Brindley in a CBJ sweater. He'll join the 5 current Jackets with WJC gold medals.
Looks like Ryan Callahan when he was coming up before he was a Ranger. Wouldn't have been unhappy if the Rangers took him at 23 but Perreault dropping was too much to pass up.

Matt Rempe is a fun player. :cool
He's going to be an absolute problem when he gains a bit more muscle and works more on his balance. He's going to play at 6'7" 250 and is an above average skater in terms of straightaway speed at the NHL level. If he works on his edgework a bit more he could be more than a 4th liner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom