How many NHL fans do we have here? (3 Viewers)

Been a fan since I was a little boy, couldn’t care less if Americans like or dislike hockey.

I still love the game, but the nhl (and all major sports) has become a joke. Ticket prices are astronomical, keeping grassroots fans of the game away.

The nhl game peaked in the 80’s and early 90’s, it’s slowly become a worse product as the money turns players in country club millionaires.

Every time I see someone in the sports world taking the "No one cares about hockey." angle, I get reminded of this awesome tweet. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

1591362278164.png

Every time I see someone in the sports world taking the "No one cares about hockey." angle, I get reminded of this awesome tweet. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Mike Modano, Brett Hull, Eddie Belfour, Joe Nieuwendyk..
That team was legendary.

I'm an NHL fan (Philadelphia Flyers).

I've actually played with or against a couple up-and-comers.
I played against Johnny Hockey back in ~2007ish; his whole team was elite.
His dad coached my older brother around that time.
Bud Robinson was a linemate of mine for one or two years - He's finally working his way into the national league.
I think his younger brother made his way into the national league, as well.
Played against Trevor van Riemsdyk up in Brick, NJ when I was in high school.
We knew his brother was a hot prospect at the time, but we didn't think much of Trevor at the time.
I think Tony DeAngelo emerged from our rink too, just a couple years behind me.
Charlie Pens Sr./Jr. coached me back in ~2010 - Charlie Jr. should've made it all the way he was elite.
He came as close as anyone I've seen 'not make it' - There are just so many slots available I guess.

Ticket prices are astronomical, keeping grassroots fans of the game away.
The nhl game peaked in the 80’s and early 90’s, it’s slowly become a worse product as the money turns players in country club millionaires.
[Speaking the truth]

Max Kellerman is a clown. I don't pay much mind to his comments.

The game has gotten so fast and reliant on skating and skill seemingly overnight. The game now is much different than it was even 10 years ago. The extinction of the traditional enforcer has a lot to do with it, I think.

I have no idea why the Vegas odds for the Rangers are high to make a run, but damn, wouldn't it be nice if they won it all out of nowhere for a city that's seen the worst of the pandemic?

The game has gotten so fast and reliant on skating and skill seemingly overnight. The game now is much different than it was even 10 years ago. The extinction of the traditional enforcer has a lot to do with it, I think.
The Stevens-Lindros hit is a good example of what they've been trying to weed out of the game.
But they've basically legalized/promoted constant cross-checking to the lower back which is its own demon.
Guys like Joffrey Lupul could have been top-tier forwards if their backs weren't constantly being damaged.
It only takes one to slip a disk and end a career.

I enjoyed the game much more in the '80's and '90's and grew really tired of a lot of the major sports as money took over. Only over the last 4 - 5 years have I started to enjoy the game. And that has more to do with my daughter falling in love with the game.

I’m a fan of the Everett Silvertips, does that count? I’ll be a fan of the new Seattle team though, still holding out a little hope they will be the Firebirds but I’m pretty sure the name is going to be Sockeyes. :(

I’m a fan of the Everett Silvertips, does that count? I’ll be a fan of the new Seattle team though, still holding out a little hope they will be the Firebirds but I’m pretty sure the name is going to be Sockeyes. :(
Heck yeah that counts!!

Soccer will surpass NHL in popularity and $$ very soon in North America, if it hasn't already. I'm in midwestern USA opening and using my swimming pool and the NHL is still playing "ice" hockey. Finish that shit in April please, maybe a little into May. Make goalie pads a little smaller and let's get some of that 1980s scoring back. If I want to watch 1-0, I'll turn on some futbol, because at least I can use that to relate to my students.

Soccer will surpass NHL in popularity and $$ very soon in North America, if it hasn't already. I'm in midwestern USA opening and using my swimming pool and the NHL is still playing "ice" hockey. Finish that shit in April please, maybe a little into May. Make goalie pads a little smaller and let's get some of that 1980s scoring back. If I want to watch 1-0, I'll turn on some futbol, because at least I can use that to relate to my students.
I don't know your background or students.
But I will say that this upcoming 'playoff' in the NHL will be some of the best hockey for years to come.
So it might be worth a glance, if you're not usually interested in the game.
Those guys play to the death during the playoffs.
But they're usually playing through five different injuries, emotional fatigue, and jet lag.
This year - Everyone is rested from the COVID shutdown and out for blood in a short time.
It's going to be some good hockey.

I love the NHL !
When I was a kid I had the movie Youngblood in video.....I loved so much this movie, so I wanted to do ice hockey !

youngblbood_dean.jpg

But I searched in 1990 and there was no hockey team in all of Paris! Zero no one :(
I might have been able to play in NHL, we never no lol :D

Sorry for the off topic, my 2 euro cents.

T
I love the NHL !
When I was a kid I had the movie Youngblood in video.....I loved so much this movie, so I wanted to do ice hockey !

youngblbood_dean.jpg

But I searched in 1990 and there was no hockey team in all of Paris! Zero no one :(
I might have been able to play in NHL, we never no lol :D

Sorry for the off topic, my 2 euro cents.
Thought they had a French Olympic team?

Playoff hockey is awesome, no doubt. Guys fling themselves in front of pucks when they wouldn't during the regular season. And 8 seeds beat 1 seeds more in hockey than any other sport for some reason.

Playoffs haven't been awesome for us Sharks fans...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom