• 2,500-4,999 1 Pair

• 5,000-7,499 2 Pair

• 7,500-9,999 3-of-a-kind

• 10,000-14,999 Straight

• 15,000-19,999 Flush

• 20,000-24,999 Full House

• 25,000-49,999 4-of-a-kind

• 50,000-99,999+ Straight Flush

• I would rather not say but it's a lot & I don't want to be robbed.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I got 6000 at my place. Currently trimming down cards Mold sets. Selling them to newbies at a discount. Making room for new custom hybrid sets.

I'm 100% with you on this. When we moved, I finally had all my chips in one place and realized just how many I had accumulated. To be fair (or to try and excuse my actions), most of what I've got as overstock has been through trying to color and condition match two large multi table sets. I think most of what I own will be parted out over time until I'm left with a small number of sets that I've pieced together from scratch.

My kiddos are all too small to have any real hope for them picking up the hobby yet. They can't even get their hands around bridge sized cards yet. I've seen too many people junking their parents valuable collections to risk it to them, and I don't have any illusions that what I'm working with merits any kind of museum entry. The closest comp I can think of is what happened when my grandpa passed 20 years ago. He was a huge HAM radio guy, but none of his kids were, so they were really at a loss as to what to do with the mountain of equipment he had amassed since he returned from WWII. My dad was cleaning out the house prepping for the estate sale, and he was approached by a few older HAM guys who had been friends with my grandpa. They came in and did their own estate sale for just the radio stuff, free of charge, and gave the proceeds to my dad to split in the estate. They knew it was a super niche hobby, so they helped the HAM community by doing these sales when people passed.

Not to make this too somber, but I've considered reaching out to a few people with this kind of contingency plan in case something were to happen to me. I'd hate for my family to just dump them somewhere, not knowing what they were doing and lose out on the "investment", but also to risk everything winding up in a landfill when they could have more life and bring another chipper joy.
I volunteer Ben. Just leave everything to me

THANKS to the 146 people who have voted! If you havn't voted yet PLEASE DO!!!
045afc9f-91e9-4966-b370-024d550c5840_text (1).gif

@Big Money, @chrismurda, @esapigao, @RocAFella1, @SPR, @Tommy, @Tonysquander, @triton, @Vinyard

I demand a recount @doublebooyah85!

I only have five sets, but I run pretty deep in all of them. My total is somewhere over 10k, I haven't updated in a bit so I don't have an accurate count.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom