Cash Game How many chips do I need for running 10/20 O8 game? (4 Viewers)

^^^^^ This. Great quote from Lee Jones, btw.

Why is it that I could only press the Like button once?

Another consideration for having mountains of chips, all of the same denomination -- some people hate to break down bigger chips once they've won them or colored up to get them, and some of those will leave the table before getting change. The psychological aspects of chip usage are fascinating.

personally I like the 3/6 structure with the 2/3 small blind best. 15/30 was my favorite limit back in the day. It was the juciest game I ever played. My earn rate in this 15/30 game was higher in actual dollars per hour than I could do at 20/40 or 30/60. This may effect my 3/6 preference.

I was in vegas last week for work, and played some short handed 3/6 holdem. that's $3/$6. It played with nice $1 blue chips, and they looked at me like I was crazy baller trying to buy in for $200. It was fun playing 4-5 handed LHE with a 3/6 chip structure, but I think the rake was unbeatable at that game. I went -$5 and had some entertainment, so I had that going for me.

The venetian ran a 9/18 with $3 chips that was pretty good back in the the middle of the last decade.

Anyway, I will be VERY surprised if you can show me a 10/20 or 15/30 game playing with something other than red chips. I will be more surprised if it is using $10 chips. 30/60 with redbirds is a 6/12 chip structure. Craziest game I ever played as far as mountains of chips was concerned.Definitely played better than the same game playing $10 chips at the Billagio down the street. I'm surprised foxwoods uses $2 chips in the 2/4 game. The 20/40 uses reds.

I once played in a 5/10 Limit Hold'em (note the word ONCE) with a paid dealer that was played with only $5 chips. If you wanted to tip the dealer, you had to tip in increments of $5.
I never went back, but that's more because I hate limit hold'em than because I hated the chip structure (which I also did).

L

All very interesting psychological twists and food for thought.

It may not affect my play, but not everyone is me... More importantly, we may not want everyone to play more like me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom