How did you come up with your custom poker chip design (2 Viewers)

I do have them calendars and have admired those chips many times. IMO too Hall Of Hame stuff.

FRAK! When did you actually made these? Wish I could have snatched a sample set from somewhere. These are awesome (thumbs up).
Thanks, Pasi [emoji3]

2010 was the start then several add-ons. I don't have enough spares for full sample but could do 1, 2, 5, 20 if you want a partial. No problem either way, and thanks for the luv!

Me too! I noticed a decent percentage of the 20's spots and molds aligned which must have been intentional. Amazing attention to detail from CPC.

I noticed it a lot on my set also. I figured someone with OCD was placing the chips into the mold before pressing.

Thanks, Pasi [emoji3]

2010 was the start then several add-ons. I don't have enough spares for full sample but could do 1, 2, 5, 20 if you want a partial. No problem either way, and thanks for the luv!

FRAK YES PLS :) Thank you.
PM me and let me know, how much I paypal you (chips and shipping). I should have you paypal email. Do you have my address?

Me too! I noticed a decent percentage of the 20's spots and molds aligned which must have been intentional. Amazing attention to detail from CPC.

I noticed it a lot on my set also. I figured someone with OCD was placing the chips into the mold before pressing.

According to my knowledge CPC (and also formerly ASM - not counting OTTtimes) always align the edgespost w/ inlays. Perfect job.

According to my knowledge CPC (and also formerly ASM - not counting OTTtimes) always align the edgespost w/ inlays. Perfect job.

Talking about the mold (FDL) is aligned also sometimes.

Sorry about the delay, Detroit. I've been traveling and enjoying my #1 hobby - board gaming (well, board/table/card/dice/non-gambling gaming)! Curiously, that's where The Armory comes from.

I have a website/nerd-talk radio show that focuses on board gaming. When I play games, I frequently play the role of the paladin because of their overall utility and theme. Since the website was also a bit of a blog, The Blogadin was born. I had the shield-and-hammer logo (originally a red shield with a white hammer inlay) made for that site since those are two of the most common implements of war that a paladin would wield. The name "The Armory" is simply an extension of the idea. I wanted the name of my game room to reflect a sturdy, safe place to come and play.

For the design of the tournament set, I knew the scroll mold was the thing since the first moment I touched a scroll mold chip from an overseas gambling hall. I'm also a fairly simple & pragmatic fellow which is where the 1/4 pie set comes from. I like the idea of solids for tournaments, but I also wanted something that wasn't *completely* without spots. Since shield designs are frequently quartered, it made sense to go with a color-skewed 1/4 pie set, and color-match the shield in the design.

I needed something to fill in space on either side of the shields, and I wanted to keep the lettering to a minimum. Crosses reflect my faith and that of a paladin, so those were the natural choice.

That's it in a nutshell.

During the Chicago trip I had an opportunity to play with multiple different custom chip sets. My question (not just to the members that brought their sets, but to the entire PCF community), what was your inspiration for your set? If your so inclined, share the reasons behind the decision for your custom set (s).

I say this because after playing with, fondling, and drooling all over these sets. I now want a custom CPC set damnt. Its going to be some time for me. I have a very specific bank roll that I can't destroy for a chip set. Chaos suggested to me that maybe I should earmark a certain percentage of my future winnings for a custom set. I think this is what I will do. Only if my bankroll stays above "x" amount.

I did own a custom set on some cheap China Clays. I liked the design, but didn't much care for the chip quality. I'm not sure if I just want to improve on that design, or go in a totally different direction. If I go in a different direction, I have no idea what that would be. I'm hoping to hear some of your stories/reasons/inspirations to give me food for thought on a future set.

I called my custom set "The Sunshine" set. 6 years ago my wife and I took our first big vacation to celebrate our 20th Anniversary. I decided to have a design done to kind of commemorate our 20th Anniversary.

Thanks in advance.

B

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom