How did you come up with your custom poker chip design (3 Viewers)

I know with the chip factory tool you can place the chips side by side as your "building" the set colors. The only problem is they don't have all the edge spots.

With the Chip factory tool here (same as CPC it looks like) how do I do that? I can only figure out how to design one chip's worth of colors and then save it? I need to be able to place them side by side while building it. Easier to try and make the set "flow".

Thanks,

Once you design the next chip just save it as Chip #2, or #3, and so on... You can shift them around as well... The Chip Design Tool is absolutely awesome really...

Once you design the next chip just save it as Chip #2, or #3, and so on... You can shift them around as well... The Chip Design Tool is absolutely awesome really...

I can do that with the chipfactory at chiptalk. I can't figure out how to do it on the chip design tool on PCF.

I can do that with the chipfactory at chiptalk. I can't figure out how to do it on the chip design tool on PCF.

Save as "new" and it will be place right after the previously saved chip... You can re-organize them later on if you wish...

You can then 'save as PNG' for an overall look of the set...

I've used the chip calculator before when I ordered a simple cash set a long time back. I just got done spending an hour screwing with it this morning.

I've been thinking about the design. I absolutely love my sunset chips. I love that they represent a milestone with the most important person in my life.

I'm not even close to having the funds for this (I have to be disciplined with my bankroll).

I'm contemplating building off of the sunset design. Contact J5, have him improve on this design. Then create a few more, similar, but slightly different "sunset" pictures. Each denomination will have a similar, but still slightly unique image.

Just kind of thinking out loud here. So please bare with me.

.25 sunset beach

1.00 sunset beach/huts

5.00 chip ect.....

25.00 chip ec.....

I like the idea A LOT actually...

My only concern with that is that all the inlays will be too different... That would depend very much on the design... If they are indeed too different then, FOR ME, it wouldn't work... I prefer more consistency on the set and that people would know they belong together...

One of the reasons I like your Zombies so much is that although they have different designs, the background is color matched on all of them so that brings the set together perfectly... If they were all pictures without the background it would be too much for me...

But I think your theme and idea is very good man... I think for a theme that complex J5 should be engaged from the beginning (I don't mean today, but once you know you're serious about spending the dough)... As a talented artist I think he'd have a LOT to contribute to your concept...

the background on my Clermont cash set is here over on CT. a couple of the pic links are dead and the site won't let me edit after so long, but here is the sign in front of the club...

just a little bump to say that Marsha/abby99 messaged me to say that she had fiddled with my settings on CT to make sure i could edit my original post over there. evidently users are supposed to be able to edit their own posts indefinitely and there was just some kind of little bug preventing me from doing so in this case, but she worked it out, so the Clermont sign appears again in my OP on CT which is great! Thanks, Marsha!

I like the idea A LOT actually...

My only concern with that is that all the inlays will be too different... That would depend very much on the design... If they are indeed too different then, FOR ME, it wouldn't work... I prefer more consistency on the set and that people would know they belong together...

One of the reasons I like your Zombies so much is that although they have different designs, the background is color matched on all of them so that brings the set together perfectly... If they were all pictures without the background it would be too much for me...

But I think your theme and idea is very good man... I think for a theme that complex J5 should be engaged from the beginning (I don't mean today, but once you know you're serious about spending the dough)... As a talented artist I think he'd have a LOT to contribute to your concept...

I'm not sure yet if I'll have just one "sunset" design, or different ones for each denomination. If I role with different images for each denomination it will be minimal changes.

Now I have to decide if I want solids or edge spots. I've always had a thing for solid chip sets. I just love "clean" look vibe that they give off in stacks

HPIM0761.jpg

my first cash set. Damn do I love the "A" mold chips. This was dubbed my Halloween set

SANY0720.jpg

SANY0715.jpg

For some reason, I've always thought solids were just so damn sexy

I'm not sure yet if I'll have just one "sunset" design, or different ones for each denomination. If I role with different images for each denomination it will be minimal changes.

Now I have to decide if I want solids or edge spots. I've always had a thing for solid chip sets. I just love "clean" look vibe that they give off in stacks

HPIM0761.jpg

my first cash set. Damn do I love the "A" mold chips. This was dubbed my Halloween set

SANY0720.jpg

SANY0715.jpg

For some reason, I've always thought solids were just so damn sexy

I like the idea of a solid set as well... I think if you do go the solid route you can get away a bit more with different artworks... One of the things you can consider Bill is to have your sunset picture or pictures, more stylized... You know, maybe the silhouette only or some of the outline... If you get rid of the 'picture effect' you can also get away with more differentiation of the different inlays...

Bill, if you're looking at "sunset" designs, search on CT for the Mabuhay Sun set for inspiration (I'd provide a link, but here lately I can't even seem to navigate CT without my browsers crashing...)

My favorite custom set ever (to look at at least - flame mold definitely not one of my favorites for feel...) Also the creator (mrticsay) was at the WCB tourney the other day. :)

Bill, if you're looking at "sunset" designs, search on CT for the Mabuhay Sun set for inspiration (I'd provide a link, but here lately I can't even seem to navigate CT without my browsers crashing...)
My favorite custom set ever (to look at at least - flame mold definitely not one of my favorites for feel...) Also the creator (mrticsay) was at the WCB tourney the other day.:)

very good call! here's the album over on CT. beautiful set.

very good call! here's the album over on CT.

just found it as well. No since in double posting. Thanks.........

These look really nice. If I did different sunsets for each chip I would only want minor changes. Not completely different images.

However, when I have time I'll study these and see if there isn't something I can get out of them. I think I want to stay with the beach/ocean theme as it more represents my 20th Anniversary to my lovely wife.

maybe solid .25, 1, and 5's, and simple edge spots for the 25 and 100.................good thing I'm not in a hurry..........sheeesh

I have been an active chipper since 2006. First found CT and now later on PCF. It was all downhill for my wallet since.
Got sets, got more, then some more. Now I've sold about half of my chips away. But during it all, got my first one made.
And now the Holy Grail is coming from CPC.

My first idea of customs is explained here:
http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/threads/gcop-tribute-bcc-618-main-discussion-thread.75333/
I have always loved WSOP secondary set and those 818 edgespots. It was not possible to get them, so luckily I found another route. A Group Buy.
With the help of these awesome chippers around the Globe I got my dream set made, on eof the last BCC ever made. I am eternally thankful for everyone.
Pron here:
http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/threads/gcop-bcc-618-pr0n-thread-pics-added.77673/

Now...the next one was and still is yet unbuilt. A custom tournament hotstamped set. Meatboy has the dies. This might be built someday.

My second had to be totally own custom set. And a ASM/CPC set, since I don't have them yet.
I have always loved that Miami's Art Deco district and it's hotels. And my most loved hotel is Colony Hotel.
So, that was the perfect and obvious choice for the customs, Colony Clubs.
All explained here:
http://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/colony-club-puggys-cpc-custom-cash-chip-set.4068/

So it was love for 818 WSOP chips that got the first one going and love for Art Deco and Miami that got the second one going.
It will be hard to decide, what's next. AFTER I got my CPC Colony Club tournament set done sometime in the future.

The only bad thing is, that our poker games has nearly gone. My friends just don't play that much anymore. So precious chips don't see the felt so often.

Last edited:
The Exit Only Lounge name comes from a play on words. Where I work, an exit only visa is given when you leave Saudi. Everyone eagerly awaits their exit only visa and repatriation. An Exit Only Visa is also an invitation to play in my card room. The South Park theme characters were done for some airline and Comedy Central had no issue with it so the Middle East theme was born.

My favorite custom set ever (to look at at least - flame mold definitely not one of my favorites for feel...) Also the creator (mrticsay) was at the WCB tourney the other day. :)

The boulevard set also comes to mind thinking of sunset sets.

I was going to post here earlier and forgot. Thanks for the reminder! Here's the text from my mockup post on CT a couple years ago:

"In anticipation of the new and improved Classic Poker Chips (formerly ASM) I've begun dreaming up my next set. It is to be a cash set for my home game ranging from .25/.25 to 1/2. I'm anticipating a move to LA sometime in the near future and wanted to create something to excite me about the future and regional once I'm there. I've set "The Boulevard" in LA on Sunset Boulevard and the design of the inlays reflects the beauty of the changing sky and palms lining the street. The .25 cent = sunrise, $1 = daytime, $5 = sunset, $20 = nighttime and $100 = foggy/dreamlike sky. The edge spots are picked to create a gradient that is used to portray the sky in the inlays. I would like to use the FDL mold if it's available (fingers crossed) as it resembles the mexican palms that are the motif of the inlay.The inlay design is based on the original Mirage inlay (one of my personal favorites). I've used Mexican palms that are more local to LA than the tropical palms of the Mirage. "

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438264174.618229.jpg

I was gonna suggest something involving "Sick Puppies"

card room name: "dr. donkey's degen dungeon"

slogan along the bottom of the chip: "where we put sick puppies down"

DetroitDad, Click on the picture of the chip you designed, a pop up menu will let you save it

And perhaps the greatest execution ever of similar yet different inlays across a single set of chips. Totally coherent and simply beautiful....

FRAK! When did you actually made these? Wish I could have snatched a sample set from somewhere. These are awesome (thumbs up).

lol, don't you have any old chip calendars, Pasi?

Like courage, these chips are older than dirt, but still spectacular. Also recently voted into the inaugural PCF chip Hall of Fame, I believe. One of the best sets ever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom