Services Hot Stamping Guide and Pricing (2 Viewers)

So, have you tried hot stamping murdered or milled Paulsons? No crazy ideas kicking around here…no, none at all, promise.

So, have you tried hot stamping murdered or milled Paulsons? No crazy ideas kicking around here…no, none at all, promise.
I've fiddled around with it. Not sure I like the results enough to say it's worth doing.

I've fiddled around with it. Not sure I like the results enough to say it's worth doing.
Do you maybe have a photo of a milled and stamped chip.
I can imaging that the different appearance of the milled recess looks weird.
Is there maybe a way of "polishing" the milled recess before hotstamping ?

Do you maybe have a photo of a milled and stamped chip.
I can imaging that the different appearance of the milled recess looks weird.
Is there maybe a way of "polishing" the milled recess before hotstamping ?
I think this this dog isn't going to hunt. I have limited knowledge right now, but even alone the idea of removing more clay then shoving a steel hot die into that limited space is just asking for warps and pushing the other stamp thru. Hot stamp chips are already prone to warping.

And that's not even addressing the speculative stuff.

I think this this dog isn't going to hunt. I have limited knowledge right now, but even alone the idea of removing more clay then shoving a steel hot die into that limited space is just asking for warps and pushing the other stamp thru. Hot stamp chips are already prone to warping.

And that's not even addressing the speculative stuff.
Guess, you're right. Sadly...

Guess, you're right. Sadly...
The only idea I thought of was to take a green sheet on a sonic scrubber on super light previous stamps. You might be able to just get enough off to even out the old, and it might overstamp with minimal notice.

The only idea I thought of was to take a green sheet on a sonic scrubber on super light previous stamps. You might be able to just get enough off to even out the old, and it might overstamp with minimal notice.
279D04CC-9A2B-4815-A54C-C5C0E979162F.jpeg

Here’s a rough pic. One of the problems becomes the machinery contacting the chips if you go too deep. If you look at the top of this chip you can see a screw head in gold foil. That’s the holder hitting the high edge because the center is deep. You can compensate but it may not be worth it in the end. That’s the kind of stuff you run into

View attachment 931461

Here’s a rough pic. One of the problems becomes the machinery contacting the chips if you go too deep. If you look at the top of this chip you can see a screw head in gold foil. That’s the holder hitting the high edge because the center is deep. You can compensate but it may but be worth it in the end. That’s the kind of stuff you run into
Eeech

I know it’s not the same, but what about milling and adding laminated labels, then hotstamping? Could allow for some cool possibilities with the label and stamp designs working together.

Although it might make sense to stamp the labels before applying them, for easier alignment..?

It’s certainly doable, I’ve done this as a test and also had faux hot stamp labels done.
I’d only do it as a last resort to match up some chips with a hot stamp set. I wouldn’t convert a set of inlays to this nor would I do a whole set like this.

The hardest part is getting color matched blank stickers. I’ve asked about this before as well, the normal label printers “aren’t too keen on this and probably wouldn’t do it” is the quote I believe.
I know it’s not the same, but what about milling and adding laminated labels, then hotstamping? Could allow for some cool possibilities with the label and stamp designs working together.

I do recall someone creating clear labels with a foil-like ink to allow for a hot stamp look without requiring colour matching. You'd want a smooth milled surface to apply it, though.

Edit: probably not appropriate to comment further in this thread on this. Sorry.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom