Home made clay poker chips (1 Viewer)

Yep, lots of nasty comments, but I really think he was making some interesting progress. Would love to see how far he managed to push it, and certainly pick his brain.

I don’t understand what the drama was about here, and OP hasn’t been on the site in almost a year, but I am seriously impressed at how far OP got with his chips. I thought the thread was a joke but those chips are way closer to reality than I would have expected.
Agreed. I wish @Strasser would come back and update us.

I don’t understand what the drama was about here, and OP hasn’t been on the site in almost a year, but I am seriously impressed at how far OP got with his chips. I thought the thread was a joke but those chips are way closer to reality than I would have expected.
I think the drama originated from him claiming he made chips on IG that were actually cpc or asm

Yeah, which is part of why I was confused. That or it was removed perhaps.

He had chips pics posted on his IG that were clearly made by CPC, including some PCF member customs while giving no credit to CPC or the chips owners. It looked like he was trying to pass them off as his creations.

I don't know if there's more to it, but he owned up to that:
I do apologise. I didn’t wanted to
Steal frorom anybody. I googled those pics and it was a huge inspiration. I should have chcecked better, I was just totally blown. I am honestly sorry it won’t happen ever again. Peace!

I don't know if there's more to it, but he owned up to that:

I’m not buying it.

I found his IG before he posted here and I commented about it. He gave no indication that the chips weren’t manufactured by him and he never answered the posts regarding the chips. It wasn’t until he posted here that he apologized and took the IG pics down.

It's been nearly a year since he last posted. I'm guessing the project was a bust, else he'd be an active vendor here and raking in tens of thousands of dollars.

It's been nearly a year since he last posted. I'm guessing the project was a bust, else he'd be an active vendor here and raking in tens of thousands of dollars.

Or he’s a total fraud and was banned. That’s my first thought

Also wasn't it weird that his mold is EXACTLY the same as the CPC h mold? Was there any explanation for that?

Well in that case I'm now in the market for a CPC mold. The thought of making your own chips, as shitty as they may be, sounds like a lot of fun.
They are many thousands of dollars FYI and it is nowhere near an easy process FWIW. Which is why we are all amazed how far this guy got. But if you want to look, check for old posts here and search on eBay.

I'm guessing the project was a bust
Yeah, I guess. If it was easy, anyone could do it.
Still, I've got some ideas I want to try for shits and giggles, but it will probably be a year or so before I'll be able to report any kind of progress or failure :)

This is pretty amazing. Hopefully he comes back to show us his finished set (if he was able to complete it). Would love to see more pics and some videos of his process.

Some of you guys are over the top with your hostility. It seems like he admitted his mistake, apologized, and removed the offending pics. Not entirely a surprise that he hasn't logged on for months with the cool reception he received.

They are many thousands of dollars
Makes sense. I'm struggling to imagine how these molds are produced. Milled with 1mm end mills? Seems extremely slow but I can't think of another way to produce the intricate geometry

This is pretty amazing. Hopefully he comes back to show us his finished set (if he was able to complete it). Would love to see more pics and some videos of his process.

Some of you guys are over the top with your hostility. It seems like he admitted his mistake, apologized, and removed the offending pics. Not entirely a surprise that he hasn't logged on for months with the cool reception he received.

Lol I don’t see anyone here acting hostile. What I do/did see was someone called out on multiple platforms who didn’t explain until he was called out on a forum full of people who might be interested in his work.

Not saying he was actually doing anything wrong but it still seems shady to me.

Also wasn't it weird that his mold is EXACTLY the same as the CPC h mold? Was there any explanation for that?
One of his pictures showed a CAD recreation of the H-mold. Both the CAD drawing and the finished chips have a cross-hatch texture that is much coarser than original H-mold chips have. My guess is that he had a new H-mold either machined or 3D printed. I don't think any of the original H-mold cups have been readily available for purchase in recent years.

And yes, I too think that he was treated poorly by some of the respondents in this thread, rather than receiving encouragement and appreciation for a remarkable accomplishment as an amateur maker and avid chip enthusiast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom