Home 7 Card Stud (1 Viewer)

No Limit or Capped 7 Card Stud

• Total voters

Egonz

High Hand
Reaction score
I’ve never played 7 cards stud and said it’s time to try now. What would be your recommended starting stacks for a tournament set as well a structure that suits the starting stack. From your experience is caps in place or no limit 7 card stud better?

75-100 big-bet starting stacks is plenty for a fixed-limit 7-card stud tournament, with a gradual-increase structure starting at a 1/2/4/8 ratio for ante, bring-in, small bet, and big bet values. Even 50 starting big-bets can be sufficient for shorter tournaments.

For a typical T25-base tournament set, that equates to 10k-20k stacks with a starting level of T25 ante, T50 bring-in, and T100/T200 betting rounds.

I don't recommend no-limit for stud games.

75-100 big-bet starting stacks is plenty for a fixed-limit 7-card stud tournament, with a gradual-increase structure starting at a 1/2/4/8 ratio for ante, bring-in, small bet, and big bet values. Even 50 starting big-bets can be sufficient for shorter tournaments.

For a typical T25-base tournament set, that equates to 10k-20k stacks with a starting level of T25 ante, T50 bring-in, and T100/T200 betting rounds.

I don't recommend no-limit for stud games.
What he said.

Stud is a great game so get to it.

Make sure you have enough chips, though. I think PCF standards are around 20 racks per player.

Or something like that. Might be more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom