Highest denomination live chip you ever saw? (1 Viewer)

Highest denomination live chip you ever saw?

• $5

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • $25

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $100

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • $500

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • $1000

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • $5000

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • $25000+

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • $1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Playing craps with some work people who are very senior to me and the dealers were fine with me playing under the table limits cause they were playing way over. Someone they knew joined the table and when he played "44 inside" he threw a 5k chip on the table... After a few minutes I just stood back and watched.

A few years ago just before COVID, I exchanged 5k in chips before realising there‘s no poker card room in Genting

View attachment 964798
These jetons (?) are absolutely SICK! Anyone know who made these. and do they sell to the home market? These are ten times more cool than any rectangular plaque.

I've colored up to a $1000 chip a handful of times. I think I colored up to two a couple times. Nothing beyond that though, but that's my goal next time I go to Vegas.

These jetons (?) are absolutely SICK! Anyone know who made these. and do they sell to the home market? These are ten times more cool than any rectangular plaque.

As @LeLe said they are from BG, so not available to us through regular channels. In the pic the thicker ones with inserts are a newer line called J3, I have a few samples. I already have a set of older BG jetons and plaques, but would certainly love to get a set of J3’s as well. :love:

39E9FEC6-4B3F-48F5-91EC-F769F8E00ACE.jpeg

As @LeLe said they are from BG, so not available to us through regular channels. In the pic the thicker ones with inserts are a newer line called J3, I have a few samples. I already have a set of older BG jetons and plaques, but would certainly love to get a set of J3’s as well. :love:

View attachment 965363
:love: Felt like my next Chip Set is leaning back towards High-end Plastic

If only I can find some more extra cash under the sofa

1660214092558.jpeg

I think they are make by Bourgogne et Grasset (B&G)

View attachment 965363
Thanks guys. I had assumed B&G, but wasn't sure if they were available to the home market. I figured if they were I would have seen something by now. Those ones with the "reptile" like scale effect are ridiculously cool. You guys may know that I have a pretty large collection from Dragonara Malta, and I've always had my eye out for one that they had. It's very similar to the one the @LeLe posted, but without the inserts. According to ChipGuide they are retired, so I have a tiny bit of hope that there are some out there and I can get my hands on one someday.

John Masterfly auction 01.jpg

There is even a dragon on the other side!

91545a.jpg

@TX_Golf_N_Poker Yes that jeton is the more traditional version, with gold filament and a lunette. The obsolete Dragonara chips were brought to the home market by Nevada Jacks (IIRC), including those large jetons. So they are out there, probably mostly in the hands of French chippers though.

highest live denom in a home game.... playing 1/1 PL circus

IMG_9526352310A8-1.jpeg

Color’em up, show us the blaze oranges!

Why I go to Vegas other than chipping: because I like seeing high denom chips when I color up

highest live denom in a home game.... playing 1/1 PL circus

View attachment 982549
We’ve had $500s at other meetups. It’s almost criminal that you guys didn’t get at least a couple $1K chips on the table. That’d be a first for a meetup as far as I know.

I think I had the first $500 at DCS a few years ago, and there were some $500s floating around various BBOTBs and actualy a couple $500: at DiD last year (though not from the set we were playing, Craig had to substitute because he ran out of bank chips).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom