Hi and Hey! (1 Viewer)

Derrik2k

Waiting List
Reaction score
I am searching for the best place to get custom chips made and was directed to come here. I am looking for oil slick pattern chips and wondering if anyone on here can help?
I attached pics, is this doable, or how possible is it?
Any and all help is appreciated.
20240305_134942.jpg

Attachments

• 20240305_134913.jpg
    20240305_134913.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 20240305_134904.jpg
    20240305_134904.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20240305_134921.jpg
    20240305_134921.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 26
I am searching for the best place to get custom chips made and was directed to come here. I am looking for oil slick pattern chips and wondering if anyone on here can help?
I attached pics, is this doable, or how possible is it?
Any and all help is appreciated.
View attachment 1296710
That will be doable, but that type of oil slick pattern is usually incredibly smooth and reflective. If chips are that smooth, they're going to be very slippery and not stack well. You can try and emulate the pattern, but the more they rub together you'll usually lose a lot of that shine. Just some food for thought. Welcome!

A good use might be the inlay/label; the sticker on the inside of the chip. Lots of them have a recess to put a label on, the label could be shiny/oiled, whatever works, that shouldn't affect the stacking.

And many of us like chips with different colors to differentiate between the denominations; if they're all entirely oil slicked, even if its different colors, they will get mixed together and create "dirty stacks". This will make them very impractical.

That will be doable, but that type of oil slick pattern is usually incredibly smooth and reflective. If chips are that smooth, they're going to be very slippery and not stack well. You can try and emulate the pattern, but the more they rub together you'll usually lose a lot of that shine. Just some food for thought. Welcome!

A good use might be the inlay/label; the sticker on the inside of the chip. Lots of them have a recess to put a label on, the label could be shiny/oiled, whatever works, that shouldn't affect the stacking.

And many of us like chips with different colors to differentiate between the denominations; if they're all entirely oil slicked, even if its different colors, they will get mixed together and create "dirty stacks". This will make them very impractical.
I am looking to emulate, not necessarily smooth, also thinking of stripes on sides to denote denomination...

I hate to be picky or put you out, but... could you get a higher resolution pic of the chip and a pic of the roll? If it is not too much to ask. TYIA!

I hate to be picky or put you out, but... could you get a higher resolution pic of the chip and a pic of the roll? If it is not too much to ask. TYIA!
I don't own the chip anymore. I give them away.

I can give you a foil pic when I get home from work.

Hmmm... that helps with the visual. I am not too familiar with the chip making process so will have to research options with stickers, inlays, direct,full color and whatever... this has been quite the rabbit hole, but I feel I am nearing the bottom.

Hmmm... that helps with the visual. I am not too familiar with the chip making process so will have to research options with stickers, inlays, direct,full color and whatever... this has been quite the rabbit hole, but I feel I am nearing the bottom.
Yeah, there is no bottom. It's neverending. Just pain and burning money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom