Hi all! New italian member here (1 Viewer)

DavidOne87

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi to everyone!
just glad to be here, I read the forum quite often actually and I finally decided that registering would have made sense!
I’m into poker stuff for the last 4/5 years, but i’m a pure amateur player and definitely don’t like online playing. play a simple home poker tournament for me is the way, even if I’d like to play more often than I do, but it’s all about feeling the cards, the table, and of course the chips. I’ve literally bingewatched the John hobby‘s channel ;)

I started with a very cheap set: that ones with garbage plastic chips and almost useless poker cards but was useful to know that I really wanted something better, so I upgraded to a 500 set of the metal insert chips with shiny laser stickers! And it worth the price, as I got them for 50 euros in the classic aluminum case and full set. In Italy and generally speaking, was a real big deal! I also started playing cards from bicycle and theory 11, but really don’t use them to play actually.

I know decided for a bigger step about chips, buying a 600 chips ceramic lucky dragon set ( I think it’s gonna growing to 750 soon :wow::wow:), but I’m also considering something like a secondary and cheapest set, for sure I will ask for your tips and suggestion in the next threads, this was meant for breaking the ice and introducing myself to the community!
see you around there!

Welcome! If you’re looking to ceramics I would check out brpropoker.com . Lots of nice stock chips and nicely priced customs. Their chips gets a lot of praise around here.

Everyone’s gonna tell you to get samples before you commit (for good reasons).

Welcome to PCF! @Hobbyphilic channel is very informative.
Definitely it is!

Welcome! If you’re looking to ceramics I would check out brpropoker.com . Lots of nice stock chips and nicely priced customs. Their chips gets a lot of praise around here.

Everyone’s gonna tell you to get samples before you commit (for good reasons).

yeah, checked brpropoker as one of the first options, with Apache both. Shipping and taxes to italy are almost prohibitive unfortunatly. I get my 600 dragons with case, lucky dragon dealer button and a cloth for under 400€ including shipping and no taxes as I bought them in Italy! so I think very reasonable price! Didn’t had the patience to buy a sample first :D

Hello and welcome! Spend some time searching for older threads on ceramics and you’ll find a ton of useful information!!

Welcome! Not too many forum members from Italy for some reason.

Welcome! Not too many forum members from Italy for some reason.
Italy have actually a very deep tradition in playing cards and card games, each region has its own traditions that might be quite different also. But we are not so much in poker, it’s some kind of a recent interest. Also who plays poker game doesn’t really care about poker chips quality. Chinese 15€ garbage set are very common! When i showed off my entry level metal insert poker set they look at me like an alien :D

If you like ceramics and brpro is out of the budget, check out sunfly. They got some good stuff too.

yes, today I’m getting my lucky dragon set: actually didn’t understand if they’re sunfly’s or brpro’s, or maybe both! Bought them in Italy at a good price, no taxes and very low shipping ;)

Welcome to the forum!!! Fantastic place for information, wonderful place to get some great chips, incredible place to bounce your ideas around. Enjoy it but fair warning as with many on here; once you enter you can not leave it is the cyber black hole...........

Welcome, @DavidOne87 ! I learned how to play poker at the Italian - American Club in West Philadelphia, PA, USA. They had monthly tournaments and I did well there, but the food was much better than the chips.

Welcome from Italy! :tup: I'm heading to Milan end of March, if that happens to be around where you are, let me know if there's a good game!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom