Hey yall, I'm new here and looking for some nice chips! (1 Viewer)

Landon_Shiesty

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’m Landon, I’ve been just starting to dive into the amazing world of poker chip collecting! I haven’t bought any chips yet, and I got to say, the aurora star tournament set is probably the most beautiful one I’ve ever seen and I’m trying to find some nice metal slug abs sets that are similar to it. I think the vibrant colors along with the standout design goes perfectly! If anyone wants to talk poker chips, or has any recommendations for some nice ones to purchase please let me know! I’m glad to be here

Is your last name really shiesty?

That’s fucking awesome.

I think you will fit right in, here.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I’m Landon, I’ve been just starting to dive into the amazing world of poker chip collecting! I haven’t bought any chips yet, and I got to say, the aurora star tournament set is probably the most beautiful one I’ve ever seen and I’m trying to find some nice metal slug abs sets that are similar to it. I think the vibrant colors along with the standout design goes perfectly! If anyone wants to talk poker chips, or has any recommendations for some nice ones to purchase please let me know! I’m glad to be here
Welcome. Unfortunately, this is an expensive rabbit hole, and we've all been there. Starting out, your tastes and tolerance (for emptying your wallet) will change. The AS Tourney set is one of my faves as well, but I started out on a budget, wanting nice plastic chips too... I tried making custom stickers to put on cheap plastic chips, lol. Every dollar I spent on that endeavor was a complete waste. I then upgraded to chinese clay chips, Milanos. I still have and use this Milano set for traveling, so the China Clay chips are respectable, but expect to pay 40c-50c/chip. Moving to Paulsons and customs is the eventual path. Enjoy the journey!

Welcome to PCF

As other have mentioned, you can’t replace Clay with ABS plastic.

They are okay as placeholder set while you saved up for the Clay set but sadly not as a replacement.

First of all welcome!
You are in a Porsche and Ferrari forum asking about Fords.
Take your time, read a lot and see a lot before you buy anything.
By the way, get samples (which can also be shockingly expensive as a start):):)

Hi and welcome. You will soon have something in common with most on this site...a much lighter wallet...lol

Have fun, and good luck on your chip quest.

If you are looking for an awesome cash set, this one is sitting out there right now.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/isle-cape-girardeau-700-chip-set-mint.116779/#post-2406321
Yo I might have to cop, this looks really nice haha
First of all welcome!
You are in a Porsche and Ferrari forum asking about Fords.
Take your time, read a lot and see a lot before you buy anything.
By the way, get samples (which can also be shockingly expensive as a start):):)
thats a great tip thanks my brother! I didn’t really know the difference between abs plastic and clay outside before hand so I am very excited to learn about it all

Yo I might have to cop, this looks really nice haha

thats a great tip thanks my brother! I didn’t really know the difference between abs plastic and clay outside before hand so I am very excited to learn about it all
That is a great set, I do recommend getting samples as you probably have already. Your tastes and preference will change as you play with different type of chips.

Welcome. Unfortunately, this is an expensive rabbit hole, and we've all been there. Starting out, your tastes and tolerance (for emptying your wallet) will change. The AS Tourney set is one of my faves as well, but I started out on a budget, wanting nice plastic chips too... I tried making custom stickers to put on cheap plastic chips, lol. Every dollar I spent on that endeavor was a complete waste. I then upgraded to chinese clay chips, Milanos. I still have and use this Milano set for traveling, so the China Clay chips are respectable, but expect to pay 40c-50c/chip. Moving to Paulsons and customs is the eventual path. Enjoy the journey!
Thank you so much my man!

That is a great set, I do recommend getting samples as you probably have already. Your tastes and preference will change as you play with different type of chips.
I will do so as soon as possible. Should I just like msg the guy for a sample? How much do those typically run?

Is your last name really shiesty?

That’s fucking awesome.

I think you will fit right in, here.
Haha no I just chose it to be funny . I am glad to be here

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom