Hey guys, I’m building a poker brand from scratch (1 Viewer)

EthanPlaysCards

Reaction score
Figured I’d join after yeaaars of lurking.

I’m Ethan ✌ I’m an industrial designer from Switzerland.

After a couple of years of experience in developing commercial products, somewhere around November last year, I decided to quit everything to design a collection of poker tables, seating, chips, lighting, cases, racks etc.

My goal is not to merely make more of what already exists on the market, but rather to rethink the way we host games, questioning every single thing along the way: the way we interact with these products, how they’re built, the materials that are typically used, how they’re delivered to customers, and, most importantly, to be able to deliver all of this at a competitive, affordable price.

My goal is to launch the first couple of products by the end of this autumn.

Anyway, yeah, thought I’d share some of the journey with you guys. This is such a resourceful community, I can’t believe how many of you guys are able to build your own tables from scratch and all. Hope to get some insight from you guys!

See y’all around. :)

Welcome (to posting) Ethan! This sounds very exciting, looking forward to see what you’ll come up with. Will you become a forum vendor as well?

Thanks Eriks, and hey Rollo.

Not quite sure what being a Site Vendor entails exactly, but will definitely look into it when the time comes.
For now, the plan is to go the crowdfunding route for the initial collection, once I've set up the production line just right.

That's a bit further down the line, though. For now, I'm pouring every waking hour into making everything as beautiful as possible. :)

Can't wait to share with you guys!

Sounds very interesting! I think you'll find some great collective minds around here to bounce ideas/prototypes off too.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :D

As a fellow Industrial Designer (turned salesman) this is an ambitious undertaking, best of luck! Would love to see some of your ideas and mockups!

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. :)
Oh hey, that's fun. @kmccormick100 Gotta ask though, what made you turn to sales?
I do recognise it's definitely ambitious, and honestly I've been putting it off for a few years in order to build my experience up/confidence/contacts before going all-in on this.

Will def keep you guys posted— you'll probably see me posting around Poker Tables, Toppers, Seating, and Furniture a lot. :)

Nice to see a fellow Swiss member taking big steps! Best of luck and looking forward to see what you come up with - perhaps even in person ;)

Are you planning to design a chip carrier that includes bench pegs. We almost had someone who was there but they fell off the radar before getting to the finish line.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom