Tourney HELP with structure for Meet-Up Main Event (1 Viewer)

45k starting stacks (12/12/5/11/6 or 12/12/7/10/6) are definitively preferable to 50k stacks that contain T25k chips.

You will have plenty of T1000s in play already with those starting stacks, so color-up the T25, T100, and T500 chips using T5000s, and color-up the T1000 chips with T25000s. Add T5k and T25k chips with 5-chip re-buys (4xT5000 +1xT25000).

For 17 players, that will put roughly 125 total chips in play at tournament finish (plus any re-buy chips), which is a perfectly acceptable amount.
Thanks. I've decided on 45k starting stacks (12/12/7/10/6). Looks like we'll be 16 now in the end after a last-minute COVID-related drop-out yesterday.

Luckily, there will be some experienced tournament hosts in attendance who can help this rookie with colouring-up. I've watched some videos though and I think I've got now.

Thanks again to everyone for the help - Saturday can't come soon enough now!

I would encourage you to allow one rebuy for the first 90-120minutes.

Luckily, there will be some experienced tournament hosts in attendance who can help this rookie with colouring-up. I've watched some videos though and I think I've got now.
I imagine there's a chance you've seen these, but these are by far the two best videos on the topic in my opinion.

From @Chris Manzoni ( PCFer :)!, he prefers the round up method)

West Coast Dealing School (not as sure that he's a PCFer ;), but he prefers the race-off method, as do I)
*You can probably safely start this video at 3:45 and catch everything important

I imagine there's a chance you've seen these, but these are by far the two best videos on the topic in my opinion.

From @Chris Manzoni ( PCFer :)!, he prefers the round up method)

West Coast Dealing School (not as sure that he's a PCFer ;), but he prefers the race-off method, as do I)
*You can probably safely start this video at 3:45 and catch everything important
I've watched the first video a few times now. It's great. Haven't seen the second one yet - thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom