Tourney T25-base 16-player tournament (1 Viewer)

PokerLegend

Two Pair
Reaction score
Looking to get help setting up a
T25-base 16-player tournament
10k starting stacks (12/12/5/6), no re-buys
600 chip set:
200 x T25
200 x T100
80 x T500
100 x T1000
20 x T5000 (color-ups)
I saw this posted @BGinGA
Was just trying to get more clarification on this setup. Are the 5k chips used to color up everything as in the T25 and T100, or are there more 1k chips needed to help color up
I usually play just 1 table. usually we have 5 people. Max 8 people. I have had up to 16 players like twice in my life but want to make sure I can accommodate if it happens.
So I would like to to do the no rebuys for the 2 table that never happens lol
But I would like to have enough for the 1 table with at least 1 rebuy each. So at least 8 rebuys. I would like to give guys some type of bonus like maybe 1-2 T1k chips since some guys tend to be late and I would like maybe a T500 bonus for them to being cash money. Some people want to Venmo and cash app the next day or the next week. So I would like to give the guys some type of incentive to be on time and bring cash.

While the two high denoms appear to be adequate to cover the value of the lower three denoms, you might find coloring up a little awkward in the middle sections, since you will have all your 500s and all but four of your 1Ks in the starting stacks.

You can always make change off the two biggest stacks by giving them 5Ks for 1Ks, etc., and breaking it down further as necessary.

But I would tend to prefer having another barrel of 500s and maybe another couple barrels of 1Ks.

Also, my experience hosting two-table tourneys was that over time I started wanting to offer stuff like bonus chips as incentives for arriving on-time, add-on possibilities, rebuy options, etc.

Again you may be kind of lacking enough of the 1Ks in particular to allow for future adjustments like that.

Lastly, it might be worth having a barrel of some non-denom chip in case (via addons, rebuys etc.) you need to invent some higher denom late in the game.

I've played 12/12/5/6 starting stack, but 12/7/6/6, is what I like or even 8/8/6/6 but you will be making change , which I don't mind.

I prefer this for 16

25 x 192
100 x 160
500 x 128
1000 x 96 or to futureproof for bigger game 1000 x 160 and add 5000 x whatever , depending on your starting stack, rebuys, etc...

What you have will work, you can color up all the 25s with a single 5k and and color up the 100s with four more 5ks. Just buy some smaller stuff from the chip leader and use that to buy up all the 25s and later do it again with the 100s. You have a couple spare 1ks and 5ks to cover rounding up any odd chips.

If you want to do these bonuses, which I think is a good idea, you'd need an extra barrel each of 500 and 1k (or two barrels of 1k if you're doing 2k bonus). If you want to guarantee 100% of the field rebuys (16) then you need an extra barrel of 5k.

Was just trying to get more clarification on this setup. Are the 5k chips used to color up everything as in the T25 and T100, or are there more 1k chips needed to help color up
@Chris Manzoni answers this question very well in his YouTube video on coloring up.

But short answer, yes use the big chips.

If you had more T1000s, using those for color ups would be fine as well.

@Chris Manzoni answers this question very well in his YouTube video on coloring up.

But short answer, yes use the big chips.

If you had more T1000s, using those for color ups would be fine as well.
great Video I have Usually done only a t25 or 2 t25 got nothing but this is good as well. I also usually bring tons of t100 to color up. I like what he did

While the two high denoms appear to be adequate to cover the value of the lower three denoms, you might find coloring up a little awkward in the middle sections, since you will have all your 500s and all but four of your 1Ks in the starting stacks.

You can always make change off the two biggest stacks by giving them 5Ks for 1Ks, etc., and breaking it down further as necessary.

But I would tend to prefer having another barrel of 500s and maybe another couple barrels of 1Ks.

Also, my experience hosting two-table tourneys was that over time I started wanting to offer stuff like bonus chips as incentives for arriving on-time, add-on possibilities, rebuy options, etc.

Again you may be kind of lacking enough of the 1Ks in particular to allow for future adjustments like that.

Lastly, it might be worth having a barrel of some non-denom chip in case (via addons, rebuys etc.) you need to invent some higher denom late in the game.
Yup nice that what I just saw in the video posted Again, I have never done that but it seems easier rather than bringing tons of more 1k chips into the table

What you have will work, you can color up all the 25s with a single 5k and and color up the 100s with four more 5ks. Just buy some smaller stuff from the chip leader and use that to buy up all the 25s and later do it again with the 100s. You have a couple spare 1ks and 5ks to cover rounding up any odd chips.

If you want to do these bonuses, which I think is a good idea, you'd need an extra barrel each of 500 and 1k (or two barrels of 1k if you're doing 2k bonus). If you want to guarantee 100% of the field rebuys (16) then you need an extra barrel of 5k.
you all 3 are thinking the same thing. I like it thanks

Looking to get help setting up a
T25-base 16-player tournament
10k starting stacks (12/12/5/6), no re-buys
600 chip set:
200 x T25
200 x T100
80 x T500
100 x T1000
20 x T5000 (color-ups)
I saw this posted @BGinGA
I usually play just 1 table. usually we have 5 people. Max 8 people. I have had up to 16 players like twice in my life but want to make sure I can accommodate if it happens.
So I would like to to do the no rebuys for the 2 table that never happens lol
But I would like to have enough for the 1 table with at least 1 rebuy each. So at least 8 rebuys. I would like to give guys some type of bonus like maybe 1-2 T1k chips since some guys tend to be late and I would like maybe a T500 bonus for them to being cash money. Some people want to Venmo and cash app the next day or the next week. So I would like to give the guys some type of incentive to be on time and bring cash.
Would this set up also allow for rebuys if I only had 1 table. I just googled the math. LOL. I have hosted like 70 times and have only had 2 x table games. Usually its only 5-7 people

I just think it would be nice to have a set that could also do a 2 table May have a few more 2 table events in my life haha

Would this set up also allow for rebuys if I only had 1 table. I just googled the math. LOL. I have hosted like 70 times and have only had 2 x table games. Usually its only 5-7 people

You can do two tables and seven rebuys with this set. With one table you could offer up to 15 rebuys which is way more than you'll need.

Yes, colour up with the big chips when you can. Have the big stack buy up all the chips that need coloring up, then exchange for the big chips. Can be split between the 2 biggest stacks if necessary.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom