Help me pick a new watch from these two (1 Viewer)

Which watch would you buy?

• Tissot Everytime (Left)

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Tissot Classic Dream (Right)

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Wait until after you hit the Powerball and buy an A. Lange and Sohn

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

dennis63

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporter
Reaction score
Lately, I've been trying to "step up" my watch game. Tissot makes some good quality Swiss watches, some of which are even affordable.

I'm looking at two that are similar, and just can't decide. But who do I know that might have an opinion about watches? (or anything else?) Oh, yea! You guys!

What do you think? Which would you choose?

Everytime A.jpg
Classic Dream A.jpg

Left: Tissot "Everytime" - Functional, elegant, understated; thin with white gold finish, 38 mm face
Right: Tissot "Classic Dream" -- More going on, date window and numbers 5 through 60 on the face, rose gold 40 mm face

I like the look of both. Each has features I like, and each has something I don't like. The Classic Dream is nice, and I like the date window, but I don't like the small numbers printed within the hour markers. The Everytime is nice, but it's a bit smaller and thinner.

I've got both en route. One will have to go back, or my wife will murder me.

So which would you buy?

Attachments

• Everytime C.jpg
    Everytime C.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 45
Well, I haven't worn a watch for 22 years now, but if I wore the second watch, I'd be perpetually embarrassed that others might think that I needed my watch to tell me how many seconds correspond to each hour marker. And, of course, that information is totally worthless for timing purposes. So it's #1 by default.

But then, what do I know? My favorite watch was a Breitling that made one revolution of the hour hand for each 24 hours...

While I prefer the overall styling of the watch on the right, I don’t like date boxes, so I voted left.

Based on what you selected, perhaps look at a Vacheron Traditionelle over the Lange, or go the extra bit and see if there’s a limited boutique edition you like better.

[Edit: I couldn’t understand why folks were laughing, the I realized I forgot the “if you win the lottery” line for the Vacheron.]
IMG_7023.jpeg

Last edited:
Tissot Excellence. It blows the budget, but if you have the budget, I think this is the best looking one of the style. And you don't have to worry about PVD wearing off.

1697156258737.png

Personally, I'd probably go with the one on the right but that's really a decision you'll have to make. What I'm really here to say, however, is that you must check out Jomashop if you haven't already.
Agreed.... here is my reasoning: If I have to choose 1 of those two I choose the I one on the right with the date window. I totally get it that some don't like date windows, but I like em' because it is one complication that I actually use.

Another suggestion: spend a lot of time poking around watchuseek.com before you start buying anything. Great resource there

Last edited:
Another suggestion: spend a lot of time poking around watchuseek.com before you start buying anything. Great resource there
82mbkl.jpg

They should rename that website "watchumoneyleaveuwallet"
:D

(fwiw, I didn't vote - I'm so clumsy, I'd break either one in a week or two... :( )

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom