Help me design the new Hitching Post $2 chip (1 Viewer)

i think $2/4 is best played with $1s as the workhorse. if you used $2s, you would either have to have $1s on the table as the SB or use $2/2 blinds (which i think is fine actually). i prefer to use $1s just because part of the fun of limit is having big stacks of chips in the pot. if i'm reading your chip count in your pr0n thread right, you have something like 660 $1s. you could just add another 340 and have a rack per player at a 10-handed LHE game. or if you're going to do 8-max, obv you only need 140 more.

for $4/8, if you use $2s (i actually still like to use $1s here, too, but you need a lot more obv, so $2s is fine), i also prefer having a rack per player. and then get enough of the larger denom (preferably $20s imo, but $10s are fine) to fill in at least one more buy-in for each player. then if you still need chips after that you can either let cash play or bust out the peppermints.

EDIT: looks like i was typing at the same time as Payback. i concur! :)

Here's the thing. I don't want to tap into my other chips because my desire is to have the chips to run one good limit table at a S@P while still supporting multiple NL tables.

A rack of $2's per player would be sweet, and easy to calculate/handle for buy-ins. Get $10s or $20s to make up the difference in individual buy-in amounts and for re-loads. I'd lean towards $10 chips, simply because you will need twice as many (and more chips = better).

Jack's probably gonna say you need a minimum of 2000 $2's, especially if you spread 4/8 more often. :)

My original thought was I might need 2500 chips without factoring in a bigger chip.

Why don't I like money?

Here's the thing. I don't want to tap into my other chips because my desire is to have the chips to run one good limit table at a S@P while still supporting multiple NL tables.

makes sense. unless you're planning to play up to $6/12 or $8/16, i think you could get by just fine with a rack of the workhorse chip per player and then a bigger chip just for limit games for rebuys. of course, no reason not to bump it to 1200 or 1600 if you're willing.

Something like 1000 $2s 100-200 of the bigger chip and then also maybe break out peppermint if needed?

Something like 1000 $2s 100-200 of the bigger chip and then also maybe break out peppermint if needed?

if you're just doing a single table and nothing higher than $4/8, i think that's totally fine. 100 $20s or 200 $10s for the higher denom.

if you're just doing a single table and nothing higher than $4/8, i think that's totally fine. 100 $20s or 200 $10s for the higher denom.

If the possibility exists that it could veer up to $6/$12?

I think Chaosrock was right on the retro green base. How would a 414418 look for the larger chip?

I think Chaosrock was right on the retro green base. How would a 414418 look for the larger chip?

The gray/blue chip looks nice - that purple chip is RIDICULOUS though. Make it a $20, pack it, print it, ship it. The others seem too close to already existing chips, and don't hold a candle to the purple anyway. :D

The gray/blue chip looks nice - that purple chip is RIDICULOUS though. Make it a $20, pack it, print it, ship it. The others seem too close to already existing chips, and don't hold a candle to the purple anyway. :D

Lol would be about right, I'd have my purple as my $20 and black as my $25. Nothing like a little color role reversal

Curious if you plan on making bounty chips with this theme?

Of the five posted I agree that the purple is the clear front-runner. But I'm not 100% sold on it with the current $2 chip for some reason.

LOVE the 414418 idea! And the mock-ups look awesome! I'm personally a bit of a sucker for a little bright white in the spots, I think it gives a lot of contrast... Just for giggles, I'd try the purple version with bright white instead of the butterscotch... From the current version, I like the purple and the orange the best as complement to the green... That will be a SICK FL set man!

I think you're losing focus on how well that (dark or retro) green $2 chip fits with your existing set colors and spot choices. It's perfect:

null_zps9bb5968b.jpg

A purple-based $10 or $20 chip would also fit, but I'm not sold on the 414418 spots or a bright multi-color design. Something simpler just seems much more balanced.

I must be in the minority. Those 4144ds18 spot chips look amazing but the purple is my least favourite, don't get me wrong it looks great but to me it doesn't tie into your existing set well enough. That grey chip on the other hand is a clear winner IMO.

How about 6d18 spot pattern? The grey and blue combo or dg orange with white/black spots. OR light chocolate with butterscotch and bright white.

Sorry cant post mock ups. On my phone.

I must be in the minority. Those 4144ds18 spot chips look amazing but the purple is my least favourite, don't get me wrong it looks great but to me it doesn't tie into your existing set well enough. That grey chip on the other hand is a clear winner IMO.

How about 6d18 spot pattern? The grey and blue combo or dg orange with white/black spots. OR light chocolate with butterscotch and bright white.

Sorry cant post mock ups. On my phone.

I wondered about the purple chip when I mocked it. It's hard because I have utilized a very narrow color range very hard in this set. The only two colors I haven't used at all were green and purple although purple does seem a bit off to me with the Hitching Post theme

I like the retro green 414 but would want to see it with all 4 edge spots in canary yellow. I think that'd look sharp. All the 20s seems a bit busy to me so far. Nice to see more chips added to this epic set, though!

I like the retro green 414 but would want to see it with all 4 edge spots in canary yellow. I think that'd look sharp. All the 20s seems a bit busy to me so far. Nice to see more chips added to this epic set, though!

I've mocked them both, I definitely prefer the peach. Canary yellow and retro green are just too Green Bay Packer for me

I personally love the purple base color. Minimal spots also goes farther for me. And there is nothing wrong with Canary Yellow and retro green. :)

I think the base for the $20 will be either grey or purple so here are a bunch of different options for each

Of the grey chips both 614s and 4ds18s are great. The purple chips the two on the right top and bottom.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom