Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Use a different base color

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Camoflaws

Pair
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted to get some feedback and see if you guys can help me decide the base color on my 1K chip. The rest of this chip set is complete so feedback only applies to the 1K base color. I am ideally trying to replicate the Bellagio 1k yellow birds. I never intended to have a 1K chip as our games rarely get that deep but every once in a while I could get them in play. IF and only IF they do get in play it won't be in large quantities and probably only a few of them would be out. My question is which base color do you think works best with the set and replicates the bellagio 1K the closest? Do I have too much yellow between the $1/$500 edge spots that it clashes too much? My only thought on why that wouldn't be an issue is that when they are on the table I would assume players would have them on the very top of their stack and most likely won't be making a true "stack" out of them. Anyway, all thoughts welcome and taken into consideration. Thanks. Included some dirty stack photos and splash pots to show the lighting on my table.

#1 (Dayglo Yellow)

Screen Shot 2023-08-23 at 11.16.57 AM.png

#2 (Canary)

Screen Shot 2023-08-23 at 11.17.26 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-08-23 at 11.37.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-23 at 11.37.52 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1.jpg
    IMG_1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2.jpg
    IMG_2.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3.jpg
    IMG_3.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4.jpg
    IMG_4.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_5.jpg
    IMG_5.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 83
Given how bright your set is I like Dayglo Yellow. Canary is a dark, brown leaning yellow and I think that would be out of place with your other chips.

Given how bright your set is I like Dayglo Yellow. Canary is a dark, brown leaning yellow and I think that would be out of place with your other chips.
What do you think regarding utilizing yellow in general? Think there is too much in the set or do you think it still works?

It is good you can see the color samples in play with your other chips and in the lighting of your poker room. In these conditions I don't see the DG yellow looking too "greenish" which is a deal breaker for me. Personally I care more about how my chips look when I'm sitting around and fondling/shuffling them vs. actually playing.

What do you think regarding utilizing yellow in general? Think there is too much in the set or do you think it still works?
I'm not nearly the expert as others but yellow for 1k makes sense to me and I don't think I'd mistake it for any of your other chips based on edge patterns.

I go back and forth between dayglo yellow and canary lol. This hobby makes your brain work overtime if you have OCD.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom