Help displaying poker timer on two tvs at same time (1 Viewer)

AK Chip

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

I am wanting to display the tournament timer on two tv's. I use Brush poker on the apple tv.

any help will be appreciated!

Pat

I ran into the situation as well, I wanted to run blinds up tourney app from my iPad to a large TV in the main room, and a smaller wall-mounted TV in the second room. Seing as how the two TVs are in different rooms, this makes my Situation more complicated. I have since gone to running the Apple TV to my wall-mounted TV in my workout room, and then just utilizing the iPad display as the clock in the main room, where I can make changes and adjustments to it.

Thank you so much!! will put this to use this weekend!! Full house 16 person $100 deep stack tourney

Maybe late, but I used the REI HMDI splitter to display cable broadcast on two TVs.

After installing the splitter, I then used the Monoprice transmitter, which send the signal line of sight to the receiver (TV2). Works up to 50 feet I believe? Mine is 20 feet and works great. In fact, I can stand between them and the signal doesn’t break up.

CAUTION: the bottom of the transmitter and receiver cradles seem flush. They are not and the tiny screws will scratch your brand new audio rack and the top of your nice liquor server. Ask me how I know :mad:

Fortunately they are hairline scrapes. The audio rack won’t get better, but is very hard to see. The wooden server will just darken up with regular polishing, etc. I was only testing the units, but without a coaster underneath them, they’ll tear up a surface over time.

Last edited:
Success!! Thanks for the help guys!! Now to hang the cables properly and ill be ready for cards.

IMG_2227.JPG

WARNING, WARNING

Samsung, sadsong :(

I have 3 Samsung TVs. One from Black Friday 2016. Works fine, great picture. I am aware that some of the “holiday” TVs lack certain features, but I have no use for most of those features.

This year, I bought 2 more Samsung’s, very similar model, perhaps a bit less fancy. One was an MU6070 and that’s the one I tried to use in conjunction with the HDMI splitter, transmitter and receiver.

Here’s the problem, Samsung TVs can get proprietary. For instance, only Samsung soundbars will work with their TVs. However, it seems they all share some HDMI quirks.

The one quirk, relevant to this thread, is that Samsung TVs require a direct signal, so you cannot split an HDMI signal. Man was I ticked. I used the splitter and transmitter with two much less expensive TVs and it worked immediately and without issue. The Samsung will not. It catches it for a few seconds, but nvever enough to even set the TV up. As of Samsung is owned by a cable company....

Online, I saw a thread where the Samsung rep conceded that Samsung TVs don’t tolerate anything short of a direct signal.

GAMER ALERT: this doesn’t affect me, but you might want to be aware. Beginning in 2016, all Samsung TVs have an auto switch to HDMI. This means, the wife is watching TV, and you turn on your computer and bahm, she’s looking at your pron screensaver!

Don’t care? Ok. You’re playing Call of Duty on Nintendo, reaching high score, and your wife turns on the computer. Ha bat dat?

There’s a 30 page bitchfest over this HDMI issue and no solution in site, short of adding an HDMI switcher and using only one of the Samsung HDMI ports. I don’t game, but I can’t understand why any tech company would alienate that significant customer base. Someone at Samsung has to be looking for a new career in 2018!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom