Hello from the future home of the Super Sonics! (1 Viewer)

aych

Pair
Reaction score
Praying for a return for over 10 years!

Hi everyone. Been lurking this site for a few weeks now. Haven't played a home game in over 4 to 5 years. Played 2 within the last 2 months and caught the bug again. Everything I read so far is informative, helpful and pleasant.

A few quick questions:

Short on space and short on wife's approval, should I invest on a foldable table or buy a poker mat to roll over our dining table?

Wanting to buy a custom tournament set with themes from either Star Wars, Transformers, Seattle Legends like sport players, Jimi Hedrix or Bruce Lee, has anyone come across copyright or trademark issues from custom chip makers? I assume China molds would be more lax about it.

Welcome! Some great Seattle/WA members here.
Short on space and short on wife's approval, should I invest on a foldable table or buy a poker mat to roll over our dining table?
If this is the case, there are some amazing mats here, and I believe there's a recent update that you can get some to specification. I would say that saves you from having to find where to store a table.
Wanting to buy a custom tournament set with themes from either Star Wars, Transformers, Seattle Legends like sport players, Jimi Hedrix or Bruce Lee, has anyone come across copyright or trademark issues from custom chip makers? I assume China molds would be more lax about it.
Should be pretty easily doable with Tina-Ceramics (you'll want to run a search), but if you're not in too much of a rush, I would browse around here for a while. Most people's wants rapidly change when discovering chips they never knew existed.

...and as always, "get samples"

Welcome!

1668195484993.jpeg

Now I think I need to change my avatar. I need more hoops in my life!!!!

And it sounds like you need more poker in your life!

Poker mats are pretty good these days. But when you have room for a legit table, invest in a custom Chanman table. It will be your best poker investment. Well, at least it was mine. I love chips, but nothing elevates the game more than sitting an an awesome Chanman table.

Slick Watts says "Hey"

slick-watts.jpg

SuperSonics were one of my favourite teams growing up next to the Bulls and Raptors. "the Glove," Kemp, Schrempf, Hawkins, Perkins... shame that team never won it all!

Still watching finals vs. Bulls...

I would go with Bruce Lee custom set

Welcome,

If Seattle can get a hockey team, they can get the Sonics back.

I was in Seattle a few years ago and I fell IN LOVE with the city. I wish I was younger.....I would have seriously contemplated relocating to the Pacific Northwest.

Wow! Being born and raised in Seattle, I never had a sense of how popular our teams are outside the city or even Washington state.

SuperSonics were one of my favourite teams growing up next to the Bulls and Raptors. "the Glove," Kemp, Schrempf, Hawkins, Perkins... shame that team never won it all!
Yeah. Huge bummer. Their best chances were 1994 and 1995, when Jordan was gone, but they were upset early in the playoffs each year, including being the first 1 seed to lose to an 8 seed, I believe. 1996 they ran into the buzz saw that was the Bulls.

Welcome,

If Seattle can get a hockey team, they can get the Sonics back.

I was in Seattle a few years ago and I fell IN LOVE with the city. I wish I was younger.....I would have seriously contemplated relocating to the Pacific Northwest.
You should have seen it in the mid-late 90s and early 2000s. Downtown Seattle has really lost a step or 500 in the last couple years.

Wanting to buy a custom tournament set with themes from either...Seattle Legends like sport players....

lol one of the first wants I had in this hobby was a CPC set using Seattle sports teams colors. I spent many hours on the chip designer trying to figure it out.

Welcome and good luck on your chipping journey, it's an awesome rabbit hole.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom