Hello from NY! (2 Viewers)

sece1212

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hope everyone is staying warm and dry (particularly in the East Coast)! Recently got into Poker and now actively looking on ways to up-level my home game. Already purchased some Dunes from Apache Poker (love them) and looking to expand my collection even further. I have tons to learn and am stoked to do so, especially from the many experts on this forum. Hope to chat with you all more frequently!

Welcome … Good to see more NYers joining the site

Welcome to PCF. Read and see a lot before you buy anything.

Manhattan is the scene of my most memorable post-adolescence moments, when I visited my very intellecutal Greek American cousin back in '89, at the age of 20.
NOT typical Greek American.

We walked from Maiden Lane up to Sugar Hill. Tasted the bocadillo cubano.
Toured many jazz bars, some of them with live jazz.

Attended a live concert at the Palladium, by Tito Puente and Celia Cruz.
The doorman asked for an ID showing an age >21, so I employed a Private International Law argument, telling him that I 'm a Greek citizen and US law does not apply to me.
He answered "c'mon asshole, get in" in fluent Greek. :)

I would never come back, 'cause it's impossible to savour bourbon and listen to Afro-Cuban jazz without at least vaping.

I 've found a couple of cosy jazz bars in Athens, Greece, instead, where at least vaping is tolerated (illegally though, 'cause we 've become "civilised" too).

With so many new NYers joining, I feel like we need a 'one-day' meet up in NYC :unsure:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom