Hello from another Hoosier (1 Viewer)

JStew

Pair
Reaction score
New to the forum and it is AWESOME. I feel like I know some of the group already as I have looked through about 3 years of posts looking at all the beautiful chips.

Here is my story of how I think I might be slipping down the rabbit hole..... Since the poker boom in the mid 2000's I've played sporadically. Several friends have games from time to time, but nothing firm. I'm lucky to play 5 or 6 home games per year. Stinks. This year I decided to take matters into my own hands and start a league with a monthly tournament and a championship game at the end of the year. If nothing else triples the cards games I play each year!

Well January was a success. I'm targeting two tables. I have never played with anything but dice chips. Figured since I'm going to have a monthly game, I would upgrade the chips. Found Hobbyphillic videos and this forum. Got lots of great advice. Decided to go with a budget friendly mid-level chip. Took advice of many people and ordered samples sets of China Clays and Ceramics. Picked 7 samples sets total and my favorites were the Majestics and Tiki Kings and I ultimately decided on the Majestics. Chips just came and I can't wait to roll them out later this month.
IMG_0220-2.JPG

Poker chip problem solved Right? WRONG. Going through this forum I found there are so many wonderful chip sets. It reminds me of my freshman year in college when there were so many women and each was beautiful in her own separate way and I wanted every single one of them. There are two sets though that really catch my eye: The WTHC's and TRK Deadwoods. I've never even held a TRK but I liked someones description of being buttery soft and they look awesome.

Well if my budget and wife can handle it (although I'm not planning to run this by her), my new goal is to collect a set of WTHC's and/or TRK Deadwoods over the year and then roll them out in surprise to my group at the championship gave in November. It is a stretch goal, but a guy can dream.

Welcome to your wife's new least favorite website! ;)

Which area of Indiana are you located in?

Welcome to PCF. Good luck on your search, it may take a while to get exactly what you want, but it is worth it..

Although, I did start with a crappy set, that turned into a heavily used mixed set of Empress and PAR A DICE chips, then that turned into a full cash set of used Empress, then I got a cash set of MINT Isthmus 1998's, then I ended up getting a MINT set of Empress over a course of two years........Then that turned into a fully custom set made by CPC....

It is an awesome journey, and hopefully you can turn your purchases into sales to get EXACTLY what you want..

Hello btbmason - I'm from Indy. Grew up on south side living on north side.

Welcome,

if you re hosting each month, you may raise some funds for some great chips !

Welcome JStew! I grew up on the north side of Indy and presently live in Noblesville. PM me with a tournament invite and we can play with a TRK Deadwood set!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom