Tourney Has this been done before? (1 Viewer)

303Mike

Two Pair
Reaction score
Had an idea to shake things up in our tourney games.
We typically do rebuys up through the end of the 3rd blinds. And we also have bounties.

But… what if we mixed the two together? Everybody gets a “bounty” chip… but instead if it being cashed in at the end of the night, it is instead used as a rebuy throughout the tournament. So, you knock a player out, they give their “bounty” chip to you, which allows you to redeem and rebuy back into the tourney later if you get bumped.

So players who are aggressive and knock out 3-4 others and collect their “bounties”, then have to be subsequently knocked out several times.

Rebuy bounties would be equal to starting stack of chips from tourney.

Too crazy? Might be ridiculous on a MTT the tourney might never end,,, but for a single table smaller tourney to last a little longer, maybe it would be fun.

But as blinds increase, it becomes potentially silly to rebuy. Is it a free rebuy too? Heads up, each player has 3 bounties. Do they just use these to keep buying in for 1bb? I think it’s kind of a silly idea

more that I think about it… terrible idea. 10 person tourney there are 10 bounties indefinitely going around. Eventually it gets down to final 2 and you may have to spend 9 straight chances to knock someone out. And the numerous rebuy stacks keep adding chips to the table, host will run out of chips possibly.

/thread.

Very creative, but it feels like an inception tournament that never ends.

I have a theory that some of these creative ideas are the subconscious advocating for cash games. Cash games solve all the problems that creative tournament alterations try to accomplish. The tournament alterations are like rube Goldberg machines. Complex solutions to easy problems, they rarely work but when they do it's bemusing

Had an idea to shake things up in our tourney games.
We typically do rebuys up through the end of the 3rd blinds. And we also have bounties.

But… what if we mixed the two together? Everybody gets a “bounty” chip… but instead if it being cashed in at the end of the night, it is instead used as a rebuy throughout the tournament. So, you knock a player out, they give their “bounty” chip to you, which allows you to redeem and rebuy back into the tourney later if you get bumped.

So players who are aggressive and knock out 3-4 others and collect their “bounties”, then have to be subsequently knocked out several times.

Rebuy bounties would be equal to starting stack of chips from tourney.

Too crazy? Might be ridiculous on a MTT the tourney might never end,,, but for a single table smaller tourney to last a little longer, maybe it would be fun.
What if you give the player the option to rebuy, or take the rebuy payout as a bounty? Players knocked early would be inclined to rebuy and players knocker out later could take the bounty. Hell, heads up I still might take the rebuy if the pool is big enough. You would need your 1st place payout big enough relative to the others that players are willimg to swing for the fence.

I like the concepts of the idea but 1 bounty = 1 free rebuy seem too much as you had mentioned.

How about instead of 1 bounty, it’s take 2 bounty to get 1 free rebuy ?

Will it be better ?
That’s a good idea, a happy medium that doesn’t get out of control.

Very creative, but it feels like an inception tournament that never ends.

I have a theory that some of these creative ideas are the subconscious advocating for cash games. Cash games solve all the problems that creative tournament alterations try to accomplish. The tournament alterations are like rube Goldberg machines. Complex solutions to easy problems, they rarely work but when they do it's bemusing
Funny you mention that… cause all we play is cash games lol. That’s why these weird ideas to try and spice up tourney play have been bouncing around in my head, maybe something to interject more fun but still keep it simple

I like the concepts of the idea but 1 bounty = 1 free rebuy seem too much as you had mentioned.

How about instead of 1 bounty, it’s take 2 bounty to get 1 free rebuy ?

Will it be better ?

Could be an interesting idea and would work better if it was a hyper turbo.
Both very good suggestions!! As much as I hate turbo tourneys, I was thinking the exact same thing...It needs to be FAST!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom