Has anyone noticed this oddity playing poker ? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
We have several local games , all of which are played at different locations each week. Monday its at a person garage, Tuesday its at the local lodge , Thursday its at a persons home.

All of our local games, have the same players and format , yet it seems like I win more money at the lodge game and do worse at the other 2 games. Its the same players, same games and I play the same style at all 3 games, yet I can only consistently beat the game at the lodge .

Is this more proof of the luck factor and how certain games at certain locations will be more lucrative, even when all the other parameters of those games remain the same ?

Jesus I can’t help myself.

You need to run some experiments if your ever going to find the answer.

Shake up the locations. Not randomly, but scientifically. Maybe it’s not location, maybe it’s day of the week. Everyone tired on Tuesday but your not. Or your Monday sucks so you can’t concentrate on the game.

Maybe it’s the food you serve
Maybe it’s the route to get there, maybe you drive by a lucky church
Maybe it’s your lucky Tuesday underwear

Possibly the night of the week, sometimes people will play different on different nights due to things in their schedule. If someone is tired they may play more erratic or if someone just got paid they may play looser or it is right before pay day they may play tighter due to less available funds. Maybe the days you win you get more sleep, but players do change depending on many factors.

Jesus I can’t help myself.

You need to run some experiments if your ever going to find the answer.

Shake up the locations. Not randomly, but scientifically. Maybe it’s not location, maybe it’s day of the week. Everyone tired on Tuesday but your not. Or your Monday sucks so you can’t concentrate on the game.

It wouldn't make sense that the players are always tired on Tuesday, because we are retired and dont work.

I have noticed, that certain games at certain locations just seem to differ, even when you have the same players and same rules and same games , I have always gotten good cards at the Lodge game, and yet at the other 2 local games, my cards generally run cold.

Perhaps these are anecdotal observations with no actual statistics that prove anything.

Do they use the same kind of cards?

Yep...we use the plastic reusable cards at all 3 games.

There is no doubt that the lodge game runs luckier for me and the other 2 games are much more of a grind. Get a lot of cold cards at those 2 other games which require me to fold, sometimes for hours at a time. Odd how that works.

Perhaps these are anecdotal observations with no actual statistics that prove anything.

Thats always a factor , but since I have been playing for 40 years and am fairly objective, I feel confident there is more to it then anecdotal observations. My memory is quite strong, which is 1 reason why I used to play high stakes Gin Rummy and do well in it.

It must be so difficult being 100% correct in discussions you yourself start while at the same time refuting all dissenting viewpoints.

I mostly refute people like yourself. You deserve it, from what I can see.

Besides, I have agreed with many people who have posted alternative views. Perhaps thats because they know how to have a calm discussion and not call people childish names ?

Yes, there are lots of things I'd rather be doing than watch PCF fall into you Troll Trap.

Here's a list of them:

Then why are you replying to my thread, if you claim there are other things you would rather do ?

I mostly refute people like yourself. You deserve it, from what I can see.
Less than 24 hours in, 80 posts, and you come across like a guy who starts discussions simply to prove you’re correct about everything. Getting close to an ignore, but I’ll give you a chance to pull out of this tailspin.

Less than 24 hours in, 80 posts, and you come across like a guy who starts discussions simply to prove you’re correct about everything. Getting close to an ignore, but I’ll give you a chance to pull out of this tailspin.

Ty...if you put me on ignore, it would ruin my life.

I have been playing for 40 years and am fairly objective
lol, i literally laughed out loud at this. :D :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

There are a half-dozen or more adjectives that could be used to describe you based on your 87 posts here so far, but 'objective' certainly isn't one of them. Sadly, though, I think you actually believe it to be true.

I've been playing for 18 years, and dice chips are total crap.

Prove me wrong.

@rummeraises perhaps you are so superstitious that you subconsciously help to create these self fulfilling prophecies?

You expect to lose on 2 nights so you do. You expect to win on one night so you bring your best game and you do win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom