Hand Heads-Up In A Home Game (1 Viewer)

Pre flop = Raise 70%, Fold 30% of the time

After being reraised, Fold 100% of the time, especially when your opponent is a stronger player than you, and doubly so when this is the first time he's repopped your button raise. If he starts 3betting you every time, then reevaluate your strategy (which should be to raise this hand less often, but to call sometimes when he repops)

Flop - you could and should raise this flop a fair portion of the time... but, as played...

Turn = FOLD FOLD FOLD FOLD FOLD... OMG FUCKING FOLD MAN!!! Villain is almost never bluffing here, and this is a terrible turn card for you (remember, he's a strong player, so he surely knows the importance of board texture).

FWIW - all actions taken from this hand tell me that Hero is not a TAG. This is pretty loose/passive play here.

We're heads-up, the final two remaining, and he has a tendency to step on the gas until an opponent gives him a reason to let up

This is why jamming flop is likely better than call. Pre I would have raised to 65K, fold to 175K. In HU, I like pot control where bets are opening less than than typical 3BB and closer to the 2BB range to keep bets happening on all streets without feeling like my air is disappearing.

I fold to 400K, but would have already folded to 175K.

The real tragedy in this hand is Hero's M was 33, yet he ended up stacking off with a weak hand and weak draw.

It is notable that villain's three bet hand was Q6s.

DrStrange

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom