Hand from my first livestream (4 Viewers)

QJT is a nice rundown, and almost any PLO player would play that in position or out of position, and they would all also know that with an AKxx flop/turn, you have about 9 outs to the nuts on a rainbow board. I'd fold, and if I get bluffed, I say nice hand. I'd pay off less, but i would not pay off my whole stack here.

Well the flop is AK5 rainbow, she cold-calls my pot-sized bet OOP after I raised preflop.

Then on a blank turn of a 7, she again check-calls my $600 pot-sized bet OOP.

Since I have two Aces in my hand, what hand(s) do you put her on that play like this?

FWIW the suits in this hand I believe were immaterial. Remember that I have a Queen blocker to the nuts in this spot as well. But we have to wonder, what hand(s) is she check-calling two pot sized bets OOP with after I raised preflop and then it comes AK57?
QQJ10

Queue heckling dealer lady, fold to her QJTx
This is the only hand I'm truly worried about. Anthony already has over half his stack invested, I'm kind of priced in here. If this is a tight player we're up against, this is a cry fold for me too.

I love playing against sticky players in PLO like Anthony seems to refer to the villain being. But I have to tread carefully.

This is the only hand I'm truly worried about. Anthony already has over half his stack invested, I'm kind of priced in here. If this is a tight player we're up against, this is a cry fold for me too.

I love playing against sticky players in PLO like Anthony seems to refer to the villain being. But I have to tread carefully.

I have about a third of my stack invested, $50 preflop, $200 on the flop, $600 on the turn. I am getting 2:1 to call off for my remaining stack

I'm not going to reveal my decision or the results, I'll leave that for the livestream they'll show Jan 5th I believe, but it was definitely a difficult spot for me
Okay, so don't tell us what happened or reveal her hand -- just tell us if you made the correct decision. That way we can at least boo or cheer now while we wait to see the results. :D

Define loosey goosey - if she's splashy and doesn't seem to know what she's doing I'm more likely to call, but I don't see anybody doing this with KKxx unless it's KKQJ. Most likely I'm expecting to see QQJT, QJT9, AKQJ when she pots the river and I don't think I'm good here 33% of the time to justify the call.

I have about a third of my stack invested, $50 preflop, $200 on the flop, $600 on the turn. I am getting 2:1 to call off for my remaining stack
Ah, ok. I misread it. I thought you were at $1500 effective, I reread and you're up $1500.

Define loosey goosey - if she's splashy and doesn't seem to know what she's doing I'm more likely to call, but I don't see anybody doing this with KKxx unless it's KKQJ. Most likely I'm expecting to see QQJT, QJT9, AKQJ when she pots the river and I don't think I'm good here 33% of the time to justify the call.

Previously in the session on an xx8...8...8 board she stacked off with xx55 in her hand. Came across more as a calling station than hyper aggro

Calling stations that wake-up betting often mean business.

Not saying it was a good decision to chase a modest draw, but villain's decision to check/call a hand like xQJT on a AKx board makes some sort of sense. Seems more likely this sort of hand than our calling station wakes up and decides to fire off a bluff.

Of course, Villain could have been rocking the TTxx and having spiked third set is betting her "near nut" hand. It could have happened this way . . . .

This seems like a sigh-fold given the villain read. -=- DrStrange

DefiantSpectacularAmericanindianhorse-size_restricted.gif

Not true of course, I think you made the right play.

So the results for those who missed it are I eventually found the fold button. The board was rainbow AK57T and she check-called pot sized bets of 200 and 600 OOP on the flop and turn.

I expect if she has a set or top two she's betting or raising in that spot, so I have to put her on a QJT type rundown that's trying to get there, she had been a calling station all night, and hadn't shown a ton of aggression.

So when she jams the broadway making river I still think given how the hand played out I have to find the fold in that spot. She wound up turning over KT75 for FOUR PAIR lol

And honestly, I think in her mind she thought she was betting for value and had the best hand

So the results for those who missed it are I eventually found the fold button. The board was rainbow AK57T and she check-called pot sized bets of 200 and 600 OOP on the flop and turn.

I expect if she has a set or top two she's betting or raising in that spot, so I have to put her on a QJT type rundown that's trying to get there, she had been a calling station all night, and hadn't shown a ton of aggression.

So when she jams the broadway making river I still think given how the hand played out I have to find the fold in that spot. She wound up turning over KT75 for FOUR PAIR lol

And honestly, I think in her mind she thought she was betting for value and had the best hand
Nit.

I laid down KK last night to a guy so new to poker, he didnt know how to riffle cards. He dealt by picking up the cards off the table one at a time. It was brutal to watch. Board came out AJX, I bet and get one caller....this guy. River is another A, he tanks for a minute then bets in to me. No way this fucking noob doesnt have an A.

I fold face up. He shows J5. FML

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom