Guns you own (7 Viewers)

Hi All,

In about one month I'll be turning the Big 5... Nevermind just know it will be my birthday. Trying to decide what to get for myself as the wife and I have that deal I get what she wants and I get what I want. Another Arcade1UP machine, another gun, or something else? I was thinking about a revolver like the Cimarron Mcculloch Colt remake below. I already have a Walter 9MM, Springfield Armory 1911 .45, and a S&W M&P SPORT II AR15. Does anyone own a Cimarron and know anything about them? I want the old school antique revolver look without the gun being an actual antique. I was also thinking .44 over a 22 as I fired my friend's 22 at the range several times and felt kind of toyish to me. Any other models or brands anyone could recommend in this category? Please keep in mind I am not trying to break the bank here as my job could be going away soon. I'm still employed, but was given notice of impending doom and am looking for a new job at the moment. Thanks.

1649824445031.png

https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/cimarron-mcculloch-colt-1860-army-fluted-cylinder-44-cal-8.html

I love this gun! I have been looking at getting one for a while now. Curious to hear your thoughts on it.
I've yet to shoot it. I like it so far, but I'll wait to reveal any final thoughts until then.

Sorry, I have to say something when I see "clip" used instead of "magazine". It is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

Clip=a device used to store individual rounds of ammunition together as a single unit that is then ready for insertion into the magazine of a gun.

Magazine= a device or chamber for holding a supply of cartridges to be fed automatically to breech of a gun

View attachment 882461
Yup. I'm that guy Everytime it's said near me.

i get it
magazines, clips, and dice chips -- oh my!
(45 mag: not mine ;) )

Attachments

• mag.png
    mag.png
    747.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Hi All,

In about one month I'll be turning the Big 5... Nevermind just know it will be my birthday. Trying to decide what to get for myself as the wife and I have that deal I get what she wants and I get what I want. Another Arcade1UP machine, another gun, or something else? I was thinking about a revolver like the Cimarron Mcculloch Colt remake below. I already have a Walter 9MM, Springfield Armory 1911 .45, and a S&W M&P SPORT II AR15. Does anyone own a Cimarron and know anything about them? I want the old school antique revolver look without the gun being an actual antique. I was also thinking .44 over a 22 as I fired my friend's 22 at the range several times and felt kind of toyish to me. Any other models or brands anyone could recommend in this category? Please keep in mind I am not trying to break the bank here as my job could be going away soon. I'm still employed, but was given notice of impending doom and am looking for a new job at the moment. Thanks.

View attachment 895178

https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/cimarron-mcculloch-colt-1860-army-fluted-cylinder-44-cal-8.html
Taylors and Company and Cimarron are both made by Uberti. AFAIK they are all the same thing

In the process of obtaining my TN and hunting license to New mexico to be able to bring some of my collection with me. it is with a heavy heart that I will be parting with a epic milsurp collection and others that are non-sporting. I will post possibly in a seperate threat or this one if 30+gun (in mourning of having to sell due to the "rules") post pics are allowed without thread stealing. Here is some of the ammo that cannot pass lol
20220406_081846.jpg

In the process of obtaining my TN and hunting license to New mexico to be able to bring some of my collection with me. it is with a heavy heart that I will be parting with a epic milsurp collection and others that are non-sporting. I will post possibly in a seperate threat or this one if 30+gun (in mourning of having to sell due to the "rules") post pics are allowed without thread stealing. Here is some of the ammo that cannot pass lol
View attachment 898110

Are you moving to NM? If so, how come you can't bring them with you? I glanced at Wikipedia and their gun laws and didn't see anything about non-sporting restrictions.

I for one welcome any/all firearm pics in this thread!

Are you moving to NM? If so, how come you can't bring them with you? I glanced at Wikipedia and their gun laws and didn't see anything about non-sporting restrictions.

I for one welcome any/all firearm pics in this thread!
crossing the border I would be limited to 5000 rounds without a commercial importers permit. Also US law prevents the importation of ammunition from Russia, the USSR and the PRC also there are regulations on the core material of the bullets. Much of the older military surplus is steel core which in the US is illegal classified as armor piercing. I am a Canadian citizen going on a work visa with plans to immigrate fully with my daughter when sponsored from the hospital employer. So I am focusing on choosing what is best and most expensive then selling the rest here. I can always buy more things in America. Also for long guns pistol grips, adjustable stocks, bayonet lugs and removable flash hiders are all no-go's as I read the legislation. Also barrels must be 16.5" and shotgun barrels 18". Pistols are judged on a "points" system for approval of import that still has me confused. To add fire to my feet...as of today in my province the Liberal party announced if elected in the next cycle will ban the ownership of handguns in Ontario completely. Strangely they are already banned except for a huge amount of hoops and legal exceptions for federal police approval for a license to own them and they are all registered to individual owners. Possession otherwise is already a crime in Canada and also possession in anything but certain specified locations such as home, a range or driving to and from locked in a case with a trigger lock.

crossing the border I would be limited to 5000 rounds without a commercial importers permit. Also US law prevents the importation of ammunition from Russia, the USSR and the PRC also there are regulations on the core material of the bullets. Much of the older military surplus is steel core which in the US is illegal classified as armor piercing. I am a Canadian citizen going on a work visa with plans to immigrate fully with my daughter when sponsored from the hospital employer. So I am focusing on choosing what is best and most expensive then selling the rest here. I can always buy more things in America. Also for long guns pistol grips, adjustable stocks, bayonet lugs and removable flash hiders are all no-go's as I read the legislation. Also barrels must be 16.5" and shotgun barrels 18". Pistols are judged on a "points" system for approval of import that still has me confused. To add fire to my feet...as of today in my province the Liberal party announced if elected in the next cycle will ban the ownership of handguns in Ontario completely. Strangely they are already banned except for a huge amount of hoops and legal exceptions for federal police approval for a license to own them and they are all registered to individual owners. Possession otherwise is already a crime in Canada and also possession in anything but certain specified locations such as home, a range or driving to and from locked in a case with a trigger lock.

I see, thought you were moving from another state. Ammo stuff makes sense. You've probably done a more thorough review of the rules than I would even know! Bummer having to get rid of things though.

Ya, I’d never advocate breaking the law, but moving to the US and bringing your personally owned property doesn’t “feel” like importing. and right now, ammo is too precious. does the law state you can’t bring across the border at any one time, or total? Like would it be legal to cross the border with your Uhaul, carrying 4999 rds of ammo, stop at the first town, drop off said ammo at a rental locker to deposit your ammo, then go back into CA to the rental locker you have across the border, snag another 4999 rds, etc? Make multiple trips? Whatever you do, make sure you follow the laws, but once you’re here, there wouldn’t be a limit to what you could own….

Ya, I’d never advocate breaking the law, but moving to the US and bringing your personally owned property doesn’t “feel” like importing. and right now, ammo is too precious. does the law state you can’t bring across the border at any one time, or total? Like would it be legal to cross the border with your Uhaul, carrying 4999 rds of ammo, stop at the first town, drop off said ammo at a rental locker to deposit your ammo, then go back into CA to the rental locker you have across the border, snag another 4999 rds, etc? Make multiple trips? Whatever you do, make sure you follow the laws, but once you’re here, there wouldn’t be a limit to what you could own….
This is what I was thinking. I’d exhaust every avenue before I gave up that much ammo in todays environment

I don’t know. I’d suggest carefully following whatever weird rules are in existence, as illogical as they may be. Ammo is available here and there. Just sell and rebuy and you’ll be fine. The ATF would get their jollies off finding some “arms smuggler” who brought one round too many. It might be worth running any ideas pst an attorney.

Perhaps the ammo limit is per person? Can your wife bring the same amount too? Those kind of things might get more across legally but I am not an attorney.

Those are some sexy EDCs. I love my p365- I really wanted to go with a hellcat but I don’t like the feel of it at the range.
Hellcat looks fantastic, but agreed. It just wasn't the right feel in the hand and the trigger was bleh. The 365xl just felt better for the same price, with the dot.

Hellcat looks fantastic, but agreed. It just wasn't the right feel in the hand and the trigger was bleh. The 365xl just felt better for the same price, with the dot.
I go with small lasers on most of my pistols - figure if I’m going to need to use it for it’s intended purpose, it gives me the best shot at accuracy vs an optic.

I do have a dot on one of my ARs, but that’s for looks more than function. When I take it out for hunting hogs, the dot is quickly replaced with a thermal.

Oh, I forgot, you are extremely old.... That's not "glass".... It's a "red dot" and it's pretty common now a days....

Wait till this guy finds out remote controls for TVs... It's gonna blow his mind!
I’ve heard tell of these remote controls you speak of, but I worry someone will trip on the wire. Besides, kids can turn the knobs and adjust the bunny ears just fine dagnabbit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom