Guitars you own (1 Viewer)

BonScot

Straight Flush
Reaction score
I’ll post photos in a bit. Suggested by @BNM

Fender Custom shop Strat (black)
Fender American Standard Strat (white bare knuckle Knopfler pups)
Fender Japanese Strat (bare wood bare knuckle Malstein pups)
Fender Mexican Telecaster (bare knuckle Brown Sugar pups)
Epiphone Sheraton (plain wood bare knuckle pups)
Epiphone Les Paul (tobacco sunburst bare knuckle pickups)
Ozark resonator (black)
Epiphone acoustic (tobacco sunburst)
Shine Telecaster

Think that’s all of them.

Amps

Blackstar Artisan 15w Combo
Fender VibroChamp XD
Epiphone 212
Boss Katana

Effects pedals

Far too many to list here but all are crazy expensive boutique ones I bought when I thought my band were world beaters :LOL: :laugh:

63B24EC5-B824-4E45-973F-4BBADD2352B9.jpeg

Only got the 3 out just now. The rest are above the front door and I can’t be bothered getting the ladder out to bring them down... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
D07E9A6A-599D-4759-9691-D23C1E7E061D.jpeg

And finally... back in the day when I was gigging.

5B927434-F734-4F06-811A-946E3E39844A.jpeg

034DED4E-1AD5-4DF2-B329-6ED011AF2575.jpeg

Last edited:
I used to have more, back when I was gigging and playing in church regularly.

But right now:
  • Eastman AC522CE acoustic-electric
  • Maximum Guitar Works Gracie (fully custom)
  • Lakland 55-01 bass
C7D31B93-24F7-420A-AF98-F4C81ADDC884.jpeg

@BonScot, what’s your pedalboard look like? I switched over to the Line 6 Helix pretty early on, and have been pretty happy with it. I sometimes miss the pedalboard, but I don’t miss fiddling with patch cables and power supplies, nor do I miss the hunt for the perfect third stage overdrive. ;)

@BonScot, what’s your pedalboard look like? I switched over to the Line 6 Helix pretty early on, and have been pretty happy with it. I sometimes miss the pedalboard, but I don’t miss fiddling with patch cables and power supplies, nor do I miss the hunt for the perfect third stage overdrive. ;)
I had 2 cases with all sorts of pedals in them. Probably didn’t need most of them. I’ll be honest I was obsessed with crazy expensive boutique pedals. I’ve still got all of them. I’ve now replaced this obsession with poker chips :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I used a line 6 later on because of the reasons you gave. Some drunk guy fell on to the stage and landed on my line 6 during “where the streets have no name” and turned into a death metal version. Took me forever to reset it :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I had 2 cases with all sorts of pedals in them. Probably didn’t need most of them. I’ll be honest I was obsessed with crazy expensive boutique pedals. I’ve still got all of them. I’ve now replaced this obsession with poker chips :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I used a line 6 later on because of the reasons you gave. Some drunk guy fell on to the stage and landed on my line 6 during “where the streets have no name” and turned into a death metal version. Took me forever to reset it :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
So you own a Klon?! :D

Here’s the individual pedals from my last gig.

Fulltone Clyde wah wah
Blackstar HT-Dist Distortion
Blackstar HT-Boost Top boost
Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Dunlop Tremelo / Volume
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Keeley Fuzz Head
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Boss DD-6 Delay

F526CC4D-642A-4E27-A201-FCAB1C124CE3.jpeg

Line 6 POD HD400
6A60221C-6C56-42B6-A723-0AE1CF76C7AD.jpeg

I’ve got a Whammy pedal and some other distortion pedals somewhere. Can’t remember them all :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Here is what I can think of off hand:

Electric:
Epiphone Joe Pass signature (my avatar)
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Telecaster
Gretsch G6120T-HR, Brian Setzer signature
Gibson BB King “Lucille”
Gibson ES-335 Studio
edit: how could I forget - Fender precision fretless bass

Acoustic:
Guild D-28 CA
Martin D-28
Yamaha FG-820, 12 string
Harmony H-166 (circa 1960?)

There is more in these group photos.
I’m embarrassed I can’t name them all from memory.

1590334162883.png

1590334188354.png

Last edited:
I'm more of a bass player that likes to think he can play guitar, but....

2009 Les Paul Studio - Arctic White & it's still white, not yellowed. Gold hardware, & from back in the era when the white version included an ebony fretboard & crown inlays. I kind of blinged it up a notch adding gold pickup mount rings, gold pickguard & pokerchip, & a custom gold trussrod cover an outfit custom etched with a reasonable facsimile of the stock lettering font.

2013 PRS-SE Custom 24 - Translucent Royal Blue, cheap plastic nut used on the SE line replaced with nut used on the Core line.

Cheap Early 2000s-ish Ovation CS257 Acoustic/Electric - Blue Sunburst

And a collection of three (yes, really)...

Guild X-79 Skyhawks - All 3 are from 1982. Metallic blue finish & original cases.

#0713 - Purchased about 10 years ago out of a shop in Denver. Original bridge pickup replaced with a Seymour Duncan "Screamin' Demon" (George Lynch sig model) Been played hard & put away wet. Nitro clearcoat yellowed so it now looks more "teal" than "blue". In dire need of a fret leveling when I got it. (I just did a quick 2nd touch-up of 'em recently) Typical headstock repair had been done as about 90% of these have if they've been used much at all. Original 12:1 tuners replaced with Schaller's new 18:1 version. Been played so much the finish is literally worn off the back of the neck in a couple places. If anyone needs proof the necks on these things are indeed mahogany, I have it. Still plays as awesome as good old early 80s era Guild electrics do with that same thin neck profile of the 70s "S" & "M" series. 24 frets, & still the "most played" of all of 'em I own because I just love the neck profile. Only other thing I've ever felt similar was an original late 80s Kramer Nightswan (Vivian Campbell model). & yes, I still kick myself to this day for not grabbing that one.

And, the two stars of the show....

#1205 - Purchased about 25 years ago out of a shop in Northeast PA. The blue finish is actually still blue & in overall excellent condition with no usual headstock repair & hardly any noticeable wear. This one came optioned up to the "Cadillac" version with Guild's own "HB-1" pickups with coil tap switches rather than the stock Dimarzio-made XR-7 (which are merely a clone of the "Super-II")

#1150 - A recent acquisition from a Guild Collector in New Jersey (because I couldn't resist when he offered). Not only is this thing still blue, we can't really figure out if it was ever actually played much. Really.... "near mint" doesn't even begin to describe this one. Hell, the case even still smells like nitro. Only issue was one of the tuners had gotten stiff, probably from lack of use, & someone had tried to work it loose enough that the tuning peg had loosened on the shaft to the point it would no longer stay tight. Rather than fudge it, I took the original tuners from #0713 & put 'em on it. Just to keep everything stock.

It's the blue X-79 featured on his Guild guitars blog site.... https://www.gad.net/Blog/2018/05/10/guild-x79/

Guild-1982-X79-TopFull.jpg

Guild-1982-X79-BackFull.jpg

Last edited:
I only own some cheap acoustics that are autographed. I guess the best one I have is signed by George Strait
I must confess I had to google George Strait. What’s his best tracks and I’ll give him a listen?

Leather pants..... check
Jack Daniels "wifebeater" shirt.... check
Headband..... check
Dark sunglasses in the dark bar..... check

Ahhh.... the 80s & the hair band scene..... when women were women & the guys borrowed their hairspray.... fun times. :D

Duuuude... That IS your real hair, right?

• Haha
Reactions: Dix
I’ve never played a 7 string. Can just about cope with a 6 string. Am I right in saying there’s a lot more bass? What is the 7th string?
Not sure it’s really more bass but just lower notes. In standard tuning it’s just an added B. I went through a phase of wanting to play low tuned death metal so it seemed like a better way to go rather than just throwing fatter strings on a 6. The Ibanez necks in my opinion are easier to get around on so the extra string isn’t too bad. I rarely touch the thing anymore more.

Not sure it’s really more bass but just lower notes. In standard tuning it’s just an added B. I went through a phase of wanting to play low tuned death metal so it seemed like a better way to go rather than just throwing fatter strings on a 6. The Ibanez necks in my opinion are easier to get around on so the extra string isn’t too bad. I rarely touch the thing anymore more.
I’ve never played an Ibanez. I do prefer the fender necks over Gibson’s. Being a lefty I’m a bit limited to what I can play. Always wanted a double neck SG :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom