Gone But Not Forgotten Poker Chips Sets (Now with photos of over 200 Sets!) (3 Viewers)

What a bump of a thread! How have I not seen the first 10 pages of this before?

The BCC color palate was really out of this world. They had the best oranges and greens, even over Paulson's equivalents. Fight me.

What a bump of a thread! How have I not seen the first 10 pages of this before?

The BCC color palate was really out of this world. They had the best oranges and greens, even over Paulson's equivalents. Fight me.

And then there was the option for TRK colors too.... Light Turquoise FTW !!

Has anyone "successfully" recreated these using CPC colours?
@ChaosRock did a fantastic job with these! Same idea (ish).

7B015C43-48E4-4E62-B625-2B36A7066FCD.jpeg

6E5BE90E-F0FB-4F29-B107-E1D41C67520D.jpeg

Last edited:
"Bake's Underground by ontheuptick (it was used with ontheuptick's permission for a second set of t-molds later, but this was the original set on the MGKs). One of the coolest hotstamp designs I can ever remember, created by machinelf."

Here's that second set, which I have:
DSC_0002.jpg
image.jpg

I just went through this thread for inspiration for my customs. So great to see all these beautiful sets from waaaaay before my time.

This hasn't been mentioned yet, I think, so I'll go ahead and point it out in case anyone can do anything about it. Ironically, in a thread about chip pictures that were lost when ChipTalk went down, everything from Page 11 onward that @toad94 posted is now lost again because tinypic.com shut down. "As previously announced on this website, September 16, 2019 was the last day for our users to access their accounts to download their images."

Toad hasn't posted anything since September 3 2019 but his profile shows he's still active. @toad94 , if you see this, is there any chance that you still have all of those wonderful pictures stashed away somewhere, and any chance you could upload them again?

Toad hasn't posted anything since September 3 2019 but his profile shows he's still active. @toad94 , if you see this, is there any chance that you still have all of those wonderful pictures stashed away somewhere, and any chance you could upload them again?
Sorry for the delayed response. I'm sure I still have them somewhere. Give me some time to find them and sort 'em out, and I'll re-post as soon as I can. Thanks for the heads-up.

Such an old thread, but I’m glad to see that these things were interesting a few years ago. My set.

For the record, these were, I think, the only 100% custom set ever made from the small T mould, although i may be wrong these days. I know that they were offered as a semi custom option at one point, but I was the first one to get a set made and had a completely free hand.

Why the “House of Freaks”? I had started down the path of a theme of Victorian freak show / circus style fonts etc, but COI sly really get going. I was playing with a regular group that all had their own quirks and eccentricities, so I started down the new theme. My surname is “Woodward” so it’s really a sort of play on the freak show / Victorian asylum theme. I was delighted with them when I got them in 2007 and and just as delighted to play with them these days, which I do most weeks.

Here's a shuffle stack from my 10+ year old BCC set. They feel really nice.

I wasn't satisfied with this set because I felt the old school inlay theme deserved an old school mold, and BCC had an inlay stretching/warping issue and were better suited for art that didn't highlight a circle.

I wonder who has them now...

PXL_20220324_140515547.jpg

PXL_20220324_140014602.jpg

Last edited:
Got hot stamped solids from ASM way back but sold them on Swedish craigslist during the ”small kids, no poker-era”.

Can’t compete with the sets in this thread but is has annoyed me that every photo of the set I had somehow was gone. But then, just recently, I randomly started talking with a Swede @zqar21 here and lo and behold, he turned out to be the buyer of my set. Has pink fracs as well.

2054F6DB-D247-4233-BA22-884A37AFA28B.jpeg
AD7CB0E9-DE60-406E-A429-C6753BF11052.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom