Going Rate for ASM A-Mold blanks? (1 Viewer)

LawyerCop

High Hand
Reaction score
I was going through my closet after a recent move and found some ASM A-mold blanks that I've had for many years. Likely going to sell them but I don't know what the current rate is for these and whether they are viewed differently as ASM originals compared to CPC A-molds. Any general information would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_4745.jpg
    IMG_4745.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4746.jpg
    IMG_4746.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 83
Just as a point of reference, the price for level 1 A-mold blanks is currently $1.58 per chip, so $1.50 seems high.
Good Point. I had looked on the CPC and saw the current price but I did not know if the production and/or quality of the A-mold changed (better or worse) from the original ASM A-molds or whether there is no difference between the two. If they are nearly identical, it seems that around $1 might be a reasonable ask.

From what I've found so far in the boxes, I have approximately the following:

100- Blue/green spots
80- Red/black spots
40- Green/orange spots
50- Black/purple spots

For years Spinettis has sold off old ASM blanks for around under a buck a chip

IMG_7683.png

For years Spinettis has sold off old ASM blanks for around under a buck a chip

Lol years is the operative word. Once you figure in the costs to make them “playable” (mill, label, or hot stamp) plus the shipping around 3-4 times it severely reduces their affordability.
You will have close to $100 in postage just for shipping chips and dies around.
About $100 in making hot stamps and then 60-80 cents apiece to stamp both sides of them
Or about the same for labels. Milling would add extra more.

Lol years is the operative word. Once you figure in the costs to make them “playable” (mill, label, or hot stamp) plus the shipping around 3-4 times it severely reduces their affordability.
You will have close to $100 in postage just for shipping chips and dies around.
About $100 in making hot stamps and then 60-80 cents apiece to stamp both sides of them
Or about the same for labels. Milling would add extra more.
Yeah, I’m not saying they’re a bargain as-is. I’m just disagreeing with the suggestion that blanks might be worth up to a buck fifty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom