Yes. We had one newcomer drag his GF to my home game, whereupon she just sat in our living room for six hours while we played in the adjacent dining room. It was awkward as hell, and he wasn't invited back.I couldn’t agree more. It makes me cringe when I see someone sitting behind their partner for hours while they play poker.
It’s uncomfortable and embarrassing to e witness. It suggests either a total lack of self-respect or an abusive relationship or maybe both.
If you’re a guy who makes your gal do this, I have to wonder what’s wrong.
Your fault for not teaching her poker.The entire premise of this thread is operating under the assumption that the men in question are not whipped.
I, for one, am whipped. Wife keeps the grapes in her purse. So here's the scenario surrounding this weird dynamic at the table through the lens of a whipped husband:
So to all you chippers out there with genuinely cool wives who let you do your thing and only take part if there is true enjoyment or relationship-building involved....
- Dude gets permission to go to casino to play poker (huge win)
- Dude realizes that this is contingent on wife joining him (huge letdown)
- Dude gives wife a hundo to play slots. She sets that shit on fire before he even gets a seat
- Dude gives wife another hundo and she blows it before the first full orbit.
- Wife is now standing behind dude, but she's trying to be the "cool wife" and let him play cards. After about 30 minutes, she's stalking him again
- Dude begrudgingly offers wife the opportunity to sit behind him. She accepts.
- Wife not happy with just sitting there, so she wants to sweat the hands.
- Dude reluctantly agrees, and now his poker mystique, much like his dick, is just for show
- Wife gives off every tell imaginable and dude gets stacked within the hour.
- Wife shrugs off the loss and asks dude if he had fun during his 83 minute session.
- Wife then suggests dinner, typically a steakhouse, because why the fuck not? They are only $500 in the hole after barely an hour
Go fuck yourselves
The level of awkwardness depends on the size of the fish.Yes. We had one newcomer drag his GF to my home game, whereupon she just sat in our living room for six hours while we played in the adjacent dining room. It was awkward as hell, and he wasn't invited back.