Gear Labels over Spirit mold chips (1 Viewer)

Using the search function > Advanced search > Search Threads > Keyword: Breakdown and click on the prefix Cash Game.

You will find a lot of info from cash game players for everything that you need based on your blinds, player aggression, and number of players. I would be surprised if it hasn't been covered somewhere before, and any "extra" information you glean may help you in the future, should your game grow or wish to up the stakes.
Excellent reading; I'm making my way through some of the threads now.
TLDR: Initial orders were through Gear, all recent orders through ABC. Biggest worry with the China clay chips is brittleness. If you have the tri-colors, likely you have no worries. If you are using the two- or single color chips you should seriously consider the suggestion made by @Quicksilver-75

First were the labels printed by Gear: the 818 Proker Room with the concenteric circle design on the Spirit mold, then "The Boundary" on the Milano chips, Zombees on the NexGen Lucky Bee mold, Cowboy label on the Outlaw mold, and finally "The Garage" on the Paulson chips. The Paulsons were severely worn so I did the distressed design and had them made sans laminate to so they wouldn't be too thick for the recess that remained on those chips.

Then, with the ABC 8V blowout sale, I learned Gene was back (or still?) in the label market so my next orders went to him. First was the Mercury head chips on the 8V china clays, then the Silver Shoe label on the spirit molds. My two-tone red Spirit molds began crumbling so I discarded them and combined my Spirit molds into one set with the newer "818 Poker & gameroom" labels.

Not pictured earlier; I'm currently applying these

View attachment 262054
That makes sense. It looks like I will be staying away from the known crumbly Spirit molds. And will likely order some of the remaining 8V Compression Clays from ABC, even though the remaining colors are lackluster.

Does anyone know if the staining on the white 8V Compression Clays washes off? Or does the stain persist through multiple washes?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom