Tina hybrid (Greek) label option help (1 Viewer)

Nogbert

High Hand
Reaction score
I’m about to pull the trigger on an order of custom ceramic hybrids from Justin and I’m struggling to decide which label option will be best. I have a sample set with the “semi-gloss” labels but no access to the “textured labels”; does anyone have any up close pictures of these? Ideally in a white background? I saw the bubble and playboy labels in Justin’s original posts but not much else after that. Thanks!

If anyone has any strong opinions of one vs the other I’m all ears too!

The Playboys are mine and I highly suggest textured. I do say that without having any of the others though. I just think the texture adds that little extra pop to them.
IMG_8080.jpeg
IMG_8080.jpeg
IMG_8081.jpeg

I’m really wanting to see a close up on the white background. I agree for a black background the textured ones look amazing; I’m worried about a “metallic sheen” that I’ve seen mentioned on white designs

I’m really wanting to see a close up on the white background. I agree for a black background the textured ones look amazing; I’m worried about a “metallic sheen” that I’ve seen mentioned on white designs
I'm out of town now but I can take some close ups after I get back. I would go with textured and it's not even close. Textured look really nice and the smooth look sort of cheap. Most everyone that sees both will agree no matter what the color of the inlay/label etc

I was leaning strongly towards textured i just needed to consult the hive-mind!

The textured labels have a very slight texture. It’s not really that grippy. However the base color of the label is white, almost like printing on a fine textured paper, with a glossy lamination.

In contrast, the semi-gloss is very smooth and a very “pearlescent” matte background. A label where you have a white background will have almost a metallic glow to it. It’s very nice.
If you use a light gray color, it almost looks like silver.

The textured labels have a very slight texture. It’s not really that grippy. However the base color of the label is white, almost like printing on a fine textured paper, with a glossy lamination.

In contrast, the semi-gloss is very smooth and a very “pearlescent” matte background. A label where you have a white background will have almost a metallic glow to it. It’s very nice.
If you use a light gray color, it almost looks like silver.
I have the big top poker sample from Justin and he said that those have the “semi-gloss” labels on them… but your description of the textured seems to match what I have here…. More confusion lol

Yes, the big top samples are semi-gloss, and are very smooth to the touch. When you hold them at an angle to the light, there’s almost a slight metallic glow to them.
Examples of the semi-gloss:
IMG_5157.jpeg

IMG_5159.jpeg

The textured when held at an angle show the texture and the reflective high gloss. When not held at an angle to a bright light, the colors are true:
IMG_5158.jpeg

IMG_5160.jpeg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom