Game Table Surface (1 Viewer)

FDLmold

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I'm looking at foamorder.com for a neoprene table surface with nylon fabric. The default is 3mm (1/8 inch) neoprene.

Is that going to be enough for a game table surface? Should I put 1/4" of closed cell foam under that? Should I get 6mm of neoprene and forget the volara foam? I like a firm bounce but not a pillowy squish to my surface, if that helps at all.

I'm flexible. Just seeking advice from those who've been there.

@T_Chan makes killer tables. I assume that you table is already built, but if he has time, he would be more than qualified to answer

3mm is a bit thin, I usually go for at least 6mm for padding. 3mm is probably enough, but won't help much with picking up your cards on the playing surface. It'll be better than no padding at all of course.

Adding 1/4" closed cell foam under 3mm is possibly too much though if you don't want it to be squishy. Getting some samples to try out is your best bet. If you can get some 1/8" closed cell foam to put underneath, that may be your best bet.

Thanks for your insight, brother. I'll see what foamorder can do for me with a sample or two.

Sweet, looks like they have free samples. They are small (2 sq inches), but that's enough to make a good decision I believe.

Of course, if you haven't looked yet, T_Chan has pictures of a lot of the tables he has made in the past. It's a great way to kill 30-60 minutes :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom