Game of Thrones (HBO Series - NO BOOK SPOILERS) (2 Viewers)

Have you guys seen the theories that Bran was warged into the mad king during this whole battle? That he was the one that made the mad king yell burn them all which caused Jaime to stab him? These theories are confusing as hell and deep.

Have you guys seen the theories that Bran was warged into the mad king during this whole battle? That he was the one that made the mad king yell burn them all which caused Jaime to stab him? These theories are confusing as hell and deep.
Yes ! Thanks Cam, a non-battle topic is just what we needed!

I thought that might have been the case once we say him affect Hodor in the past then saw the uber large flashback when the WW was attacking them under the tree. Did the theory go into why he did this at this point in the storyline? AKA why he thought during the battle to do this and to what point?

BTW, everyone seems bent out of shape that Arya seemingly came out of nowhere to kill the Night King. That’s the point. She is a Faceless Man. Like Jaqen H’Ghar, she can move with such stealth that she is unseen. The white walker who felt a breeze was the only one who even had a chance to detect her presence, and by then it was too late.

BTW, everyone seems bent out of shape that Arya seemingly came out of nowhere to kill the Night King. That’s the point. She is a Faceless Man. Like Jaqen H’Ghar, she can move with such stealth that she is unseen. The white walker who felt a breeze was the only one who even had a chance to detect her presence, and by then it was too late.
Arya is such a badass, I was quite pumped to see her murder the night king, even if it was an anti-climax that he died so soon.

I was really hoping it would be her to kill Cersei, I would have loved to see the look on cersei's face. It would be super lame if she kills her now. She can't kill both of the end bosses, that would be too much.

Yes ! Thanks Cam, a non-battle topic is just what we needed!

I thought that might have been the case once we say him affect Hodor in the past then saw the uber large flashback when the WW was attacking them under the tree. Did the theory go into why he did this at this point in the storyline? AKA why he thought during the battle to do this and to what point?

I haven't seen anything yet on timing, but I assume he realized that Danny/John Snow's journey needed to be put on a path that brought them to where they are, maybe killing the mad king did that?

Apparently if you rewatch it John is yelling go into the face of the dead dragon as a distraction so Arya can run past, and as she runs up the heads of other white walkers are flying up in the air as she kills them while she runs by - note this is something someone in my office told me this morning and I have not re watched it yet.

There are tons of insane theories running around still, like Bran/3 eyed raven is evil and or actually the Night King, or that the Night King was good and trying to stop Bran.

She's not invisible though! There was a good 50+ feet distance between the circle of WW/wights (which the NK can see through) and the NK so unless she can move at like 50mph (I totally did the calculations :whistle: :whistling:... I didn't :() you'd think the NK would have been able to react quicker and maybe stab her instead?

Obviously this wouldn't work and I'm actually not bent out of shape at all on this but I think people who are are just pointing out the points they feel were a little thicker with plot armor than others. No surprise the killing of the NK would be though because it's got to be epic and not seeng it coming makes it all the better.

One thing - sorry :D - I do semi-gripe with is how she knew exactly where to stab him (yes per the show runners the NK needed to be stabbed directly in the same spot as he was when he was created). I get that Bran could have told her - in which case she would have had a good idea that she was going to kill the NK (not sure how Bran would have known this either though) and wouldn't have looked so surprised when Melisandre say "you'll close blue eyes as well" - but more than that, why didn't the NK have some armor their? Guys clearly got a gape in his armor (or w/e it is) right where she had to stab him. Hence why the whole thing, while being AWESOME (literally I got up and was dancing like a mad man - Aryra's been m favorite character since day 1 - while my gf told me to sit down since the show was still going), had tons and tons of plot armor - which again is expected at a point like that.

Arya is such a badass, I was quite pumped to see her murder the night king, even if it was an anti-climax that he died so soon.

I was really hoping it would be her to kill Cersei, I would have loved to see the look on cersei's face. It would be super lame if she kills her now. She can't kill both of the end bosses, that would be too much.

I still think she will. Wearing one of the bothers faces I assume.

When they made a big deal out of the weapon Gendry was making for Arya I told me wife that she was going to kill the night king with that weapon and that it would shoot dragon glass at him and surprise him, so when she lost it early in the episode I said I guess my theory was wrong. I wonder why they made such a big deal out of a secret weapon they barely showed her using at all.

I was really hoping it would be her to kill Cersei, I would have loved to see the look on cersei's face. It would be super lame if she kills her now. She can't kill both of the end bosses, that would be too much
I have the same concern. Melisandre said she would close Brown eyes, green eyes and blue eyes - permanently.
  • Blue eyes = Night King
  • Brown eyes = well, a shit ton of people.
  • Green eyes... Cerci and Sansa are the only characters I can think of (still living) that have green eyes.
Also Cerci has been #1 on the list for a very long time.

She is the most likely candidate to make the kill - therefore the least likely to complete it - which bodes poorly for Sansa?

Note for later

To hide into a cryp when Night King is arround is not a good idea...

Michael-Jackson-amigotes_EDIIMA20131229_0205_4.jpg

I rewatched it last night. from the point when the piano starts playing is just about perfect. I could watch that again and again. I did not notice john distracting the dragon so she could run past, now I have to watch it again!

I rewatched it last night. from the point when the piano starts playing is just about perfect. I could watch that again and again. I did not notice john distracting the dragon so she could run past, now I have to watch it again!
The show runners talk about the Jon / dragon scene and how they wanted to show Jon (the guy everyone thinks will save the day and kill the NK) to be helpless and lose it over the seemingly insurmountable odds of it all. I took his yelling at the dragon as his pent up frustration and fear getting the best of him and he just needed to let it out.

The show runners talk about the Jon / dragon scene and how they wanted to show Jon (the guy everyone thinks will save the day and kill the NK) to be helpless and lose it over the seemingly insurmountable odds of it all. I took his yelling at the dragon as his pent up frustration and fear getting the best of him and he just needed to let it out.
I was wondering about that too, is that the point where Jon has "broken?"

If Michael Jackson is in the crypt, it is definitely not a safe place to hide the children.
Now you mention it I’ve never seen the Night King and Michael Jackson together at the same time...

When interviewed about his attack on the children in the crypt and whether he’d touched them inappropriately the Night King said “No that’s ignorant, you’re being ignorant. I love the little children, you’re being ignorant”...

Now you mention it I’ve never seen the Night King and Michael Jackson together at the same time...

When interviewed about his attack on the children in the crypt and whether he’d touched them inappropriately the Night King said “No that’s ignorant, you’re being ignorant. I love the little children, you’re being ignorant”...
"It's innocent. We just have some milk and cookies."

HBO are to release a documentary about Nightal Kingson called “Leaving Winterfell”.

Tommen and Rickon talk openly about what happened at their slumber parties with NK.

That explains How Arya got so close to the Night King. NK's guards thought she was still 12.

yes per the show runners the NK needed to be stabbed directly in the same spot as he was when he was created

I’m thinking they meant “need” in the idea that it was a nice way to tie up the storyline, not “need” in that there was one magic spot that could kill him and had she stabbed him in the neck it would have been ineffective.

I’m thinking they meant “need” in the idea that it was a nice way to tie up the storyline, not “need” in that there was one magic spot that could kill him and had she stabbed him in the neck it would have been ineffective.
Quite possibly and I agree it's stupid if that's what they mean but if he did, he worded his sentence terrrrribly :LOL: :laugh:

1104x828.jpeg.f638e1c6ada049e48e2b07329253de17.large
1160x828.jpeg.5382397098b04abd98ab2ca502eb3a49.large

“We knew...” to me means that they, as writers, wanted it to happen that way, not that it was the only way to kill the NK. But definitely a confusing way to explain it.
Ahh gotcha gotcha... yah I could definitely see that now. I hope so cause the whole - only one weak spot, conveniently not protected - is a plot armor too far.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom