Game of Gold ep1 (2 Viewers)

I think once the heads up matches are completed, we will be moving to the final table. I don’t think there’s enough time for another competition.

Plus, it will leave us at exactly 9 which is exactly where you wanna be.
There's still one more elimination round after these. Yoh team had advance to final table.

Either Charlie or Nikata team will be eliminated in this round.

So likely a 6 or less likely 7-person final table.

Agreed, but all the "LET'S GOOOOO!" shouting, especially by Yoh Viral and Charlie, good fucking grief. If I ever hear LET'S GO! one more time in my life it'll be too many.
Yup. I have no use for Charlie with his annoying lets goes and his creepy bare chest and his gross hair. Please lose, Charlie.
Overall I’m really enjoying the show, but I feel like it’s a bit over-produced. Like, there’s a 30 second shot clock, but they’ll burn 15-20 seconds on commentary from the two rooms and then go back to the table and the shot clock is at like 21 seconds - I don’t need the drama of watching somebody tank for 20 seconds.
But great show!

By the way, are the players given bonuses for saying “G G” after a game, because it’s sponsored by GGPoker?
I’ve noticed they say it all the time, but its not something I’m used to hearing in real life - don’t most people just say “good game?”

By the way, are the players given bonuses for saying “G G” after a game, because it’s sponsored by GGPoker?
I’ve noticed they say it all the time, but it’s not something I’m used to hearing in real life - don’t most people just say “good game?”
I think people say both in general. I find that “GG” is said more in heads-up competitions.

I’ve noticed they say it all the time, but its not something I’m used to hearing in real life - don’t most people just say “good game?”

FACKING ZOOMERS!

Apparently, there is only 2 more episodes left and someone guessed that maybe the final table will be a live one

84D62AD7-50EA-4315-8329-EC9D01C2BBF1.png

Apparently, there is only 2 more episodes left and someone guessed that maybe the final table will be a live one

View attachment 1233881
That would be pretty awesome, but would they really do that considering that GoG was filmed last year? Not to mention, everyone would have to fly back to Korea?

View attachment 1233881
This is a cool idea, but that final table is going to be tons of footage. I'd be very worried we'd lose the casual viewer if they knew how slow it actually was and how much folding occurred. Then again, I guess there would be no one in the backroom analyzing/commenting/adding drama anyways. Hmm!

I'd be very worried we'd lose the casual viewer if they knew how slow it actually was and how much folding occurred.
This exactly! If you go live, it could last hours! You will definitely lose the casual viewer.

I guess theoretically, you could go with a super turbo tourney, but that would make it more luck and give an extreme advantage to those with more coins.

I may have just talked myself into the fact that this could actually work!

Why are there no laugh reacts to my David Williams on the couch meme? Is everyone on this forum a miserable Canadian with no funny bone?

This exactly! If you go live, it could last hours! You will definitely lose the casual viewer.

I guess theoretically, you could go with a super turbo tourney, but that would make it more luck and give an extreme advantage to those with more coins.

I may have just talked myself into the fact that this could actually work!
Hasn’t everything they’ve done so far been super turbo?

Hasn’t everything they’ve done so far been super turbo?
I’m not really sure. I know these episodes are like the old version of poker shows (the highlight reel type) and without a hand count or any sort of hand identifier, it’s hard to tell the amount of time passing. I thought I saw 21 minutes left in one of the blind levels, but I’m not sure. That would mean that blinds are at least 30 minutes each if that were true.

I’m not really sure. I know these episodes are like the old version of poker shows (the highlight reel type) and without a hand count or any sort of hand identifier, it’s hard to tell the amount of time passing. I thought I saw 21 minutes left in one of the blind levels, but I’m not sure. That would mean that blinds are at least 30 minutes each if that were true.
On the dnegs podcast they talked about how long the days are waiting around for one 3v3 to finish. I have to imagine they filmed this over the course of a week or two.

Heads up Indian poker is basically just one card lowball (you see your card, and it’s against your opponents forehead). Indian poker is much better multi-way.

Also shocked they have SHINY gold coins as time banks.

Wow, today is the worst epsiode in the series so far for me
Curious...why?

I could take or leave the game they played, but I thought it was VERY cool to see players strategize and implement their thinking into a new game. In my opinion, that's a skill that definitively separates thinking players and pros from casuals.

In particular, I thought Charlie and Dan's polarizing bet sizes based on their opponent's card (and assuming some dead card tracking - David Williams mentioned special attention on A-2-3) were great. Watching very sharp minds analyze a new game construct and deploying insights based on what they already know was very strategically interesting to me.

Not sure why they blurred a card sometimes, could've done without that. Also glad Charlie wore a closed shirt.

Honestly, I expected a little broadening of the term "poker" from this show, and this episode delivered. It's kinda crazy to me that it seems we're going to get a full season without them playing any PLO variant, given its popularity.
Is the poker jargon, advanced strategy, and various game constructs (SNG, HU, coins as a prize, coins as time, etc) too much for a casual reality TV audience? I’m leaning towards yes.
But given my earlier thought, I think the game they played is much more approachable to a mass audience than if they had chosen, say PLO8, or one of the circus games on PCF.

In addition to the time banks, the edge of the button is shiny too. And they showed jungle adjusting his posture a few times. Wonder if it gets brought up on DAT. My guess is you can at least determine whether you have paint

Curious...why?

I could take or leave the game they played, but I thought it was VERY cool to see players strategize and implement their thinking into a new game. In my opinion, that's a skill that definitively separates thinking players and pros from casuals.

In particular, I thought Charlie and Dan's polarizing bet sizes based on their opponent's card (and assuming some dead card tracking - David Williams mentioned special attention on A-2-3) were great. Watching very sharp minds analyze a new game construct and deploying insights based on what they already know was very strategically interesting to me.

Not sure why they blurred a card sometimes, could've done without that. Also glad Charlie wore a closed shirt.

Honestly, I expected a little broadening of the term "poker" from this show, and this episode delivered. It's kinda crazy to me that it seems we're going to get a full season without them playing any PLO variant, given its popularity.

But given my earlier thought, I think the game they played is much more approachable to a mass audience than if they had chosen, say PLO8, or one of the circus games on PCF.
It should be safe to say it now since GGpoker have reloaded the chip.

GGpoker have basically spoilt 2 of the winners for the 3rd round by accidentally showing the gold coin total before the actual match.

Loved the episode; very glad David and Charlie went home.

Woww, Nikita's torching a million chips with A2 was rough. Level 2 against Andy, she had a big edge, sad she didnt realize more of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom