Fugly Poker Table Thread (39 Viewers)

This beauty is currently available in Buffalo NY. Hurry before its gone!

82377442_1031267860541295_3915152725150531584_o.jpg

The table felt is the same as the chairs.

Just north of Dallas, TX.

Screenshot_20200203-221534.png
Screenshot_20200203-221518.png

It's a BBO, so it should be decent quality.

I wonder if professional table builders like BBO or @T_Chan ever try to sway a clients Custom-fugly in a more appealing direction.

Let's play Twister, let's play Risk,
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
I'll see you in heaven, if you make the list
Yeah yeah yeah yeah

This one needs the pics posted for posterity...
View attachment 407506
View attachment 407507

While this may be fugly by today's standards, in 18th century France this was awesome.

Only 4 players, but it was pre-poker boom.
Hell, it was pre-electricity boom.
Its definitely one of a kind... and certainly an antique which I was curious about. What concerns me is the tall metal pieces on each corner....I somehow feel like that could pose a problem

Its definitely one of a kind... and certainly an antique which I was curious about. What concerns me is the tall metal pieces on each corner....I somehow feel like that could pose a problem
As BG points out, that's the table lighting. I suspect that people were far more used to candles being close to them so bumping them would be less of an issue. The height of the candlesticks would actually help any uncomfortable heat situation as the candles grew shorter.

As a former museum docent, I've never seen such a table, but the thought put into it makes me think it may be authentic. If I were local I'd consider giving it a look, as it could easily be worth 3-5x the listed price if in good condition.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom