Fugly Poker Table Thread (34 Viewers)

Nowz I knowz you ain't dissin' my table!
Untitled.png

Poker table top - $20

00R0R_iWkebfJAX5Z_600x450.jpg

00s0s_h2FG9jfMKDB_600x450.jpg

Poker table top. Home-made, not the greatest but does the job. Its 7 FT long and almost 3 ft wide. Has a soft felt-like top and a sort of foam bumper around it. Sits 10 people comfortably. I sit it on top of a 6 FT folding table and then the game begins! $20 bucks. Price is firm cause its priced to go!

Found this little gem on my local craigslist...

View attachment 112545

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/for/d/warriors-poker-table-black/6240345464.html

I'll be clearing wall space so I can hang up this beauty...

Do they even make little chip trays like that, or did someone have to custom cut that? Those "cup holders" are coasters at best and why skimp put on the other side? Was it too costly for 3 more plastic discs or did the builder just think "Nah this is a masterpiece already why ruin it?" And someone had to special order that polka dot special cloth right? It looks like someone actually took some time doing the rail too, so this table is so confusing, so many questions.

From the ad:
"It is a dealer style table, notice one side does not have cup holders."
Because dealers never get thirsty, I suppose... and apparently take up a lot of room. No cups for any players over there, either.

Because dealers never get thirsty, I suppose... and apparently take up a lot of room. No cups for any players over there, either.
This is one of the ones that blows my mind. This isn't a "I'll just glue some green felt to this banquet table" situation. A lot of effort and materials went into this table. How does somebody undertake a project seriously, like this guy clearly did, and end up with THIS?

This is one of the ones that blows my mind. This isn't a "I'll just glue some green felt to this banquet table" situation. A lot of effort and materials went into this table. How does somebody undertake a project seriously, like this guy clearly did, and end up with THIS?

This is what blows my mind too. This guy has mad skills. Check out the seam-work on this corner. Sure, it's stupid as shit, but the cuts to remove/replace the corner, the stitching of the vinyl, getting the foam just right, to the creativity to just dream up this edge deserves to be recognized. An excellent craftsman with terrible vision.

00N0N_6B7IOdorA5u_600x450.jpg

This is what blows my mind too. This guy has mad skills. Check out the seam-work on this corner. Sure, it's stupid as shit, but the cuts to remove/replace the corner, the stitching of the vinyl, getting the foam just right, to the creativity to just dream up this edge deserves to be recognized. An excellent craftsman with terrible vision.

00N0N_6B7IOdorA5u_600x450.jpg
Maybe it was commissioned by a madman.

Check out the seam-work on this corner. Sure, it's stupid as shit, but the cuts to remove/replace the corner, the stitching of the vinyl, getting the foam just right, to the creativity to just dream up this edge deserves to be recognized. An excellent craftsman with terrible vision.

I don't think that's a corner seam. I think its a 45 degree angle on both ends where two straight edges meet. The vinyl is just folded, stapled underneath, and the two pieces abut one another. Then he added to corner guard over top. Not much harder than putting trim molding around a door.

And FWIW, those are not polka dots. Look closer. They are Golden State Warrior logos... I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse.

Last edited:
I don't think that's a corner seam. I think its a 45 degree angle on both ends where two straight edges meet. The vinyl is just folded, stapled underneath, and the two pieces abut one another. Then he added to corner guard over top. Not much harder than putting trim molding around a door.

And FWIW, those are not polka dots. Looks closer. They are Golden State Warrior logos... I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse.

worse

I see what you're saying. I still think it is well done. Not good for a poker table, or any other sort of a table, but good for something.

Trim molding around a door to a padded room maybe?

Maybe it was commissioned by a madman.

It's all starting to make sence now...

In all fairness, anyone that drank 1260 bottles of Budweiser and then built that table would find it very nice.

Until they sobered up and noticed they were missing 3 fingers.

I was on the fence about posting this one, but I decided that the blackjack shoe on the poker table justifies it. The fact that the seller mentions that the "card shoot" is included, just sent me over the edge.
20479617_335737520180845_6857274578683996086_n.jpg

$250
Viewed by 152 people
poker table with 5 chairs comes with card shoot and chip box

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom