Fugly Poker Table Thread (28 Viewers)

Just got done talking to the seller. Things are making sense now...
1707846569944.png

"Wife for perspective"
Understatement of this 174 page thread.

The quote...
1708219552015.png

"Wife for perspective ...there is plenty of space for all your friends to have some fun. It’s got one spot where someone was a little lazy with their cigarette. Other than that... Come and get it! It’s heavy so you’ll need a hand... I’m happy to help"

Seriously, I'm not sure if he accidentally posted his Tinder profile in his Facebook Marketplace.

Is there a fugly plywood thread? F'n Home Depot amateur hour bullshit. It's delaminating before I can even get sanding!

Regluing is an unnecessary step in a table build.
View attachment 1285265

Baltic Birch Plywood FTW (in my opinion)

It's fairly expensive over here but not so in the US I think - more than the wood you pictured above, sure, but worth the money. Solid as a rock as well although it is heavy.

Good luck with the rest of your build :)

Is there a fugly plywood thread? F'n Home Depot amateur hour bullshit. It's delaminating before I can even get sanding!

View attachment 1285265
Without knowing specifics, I might guess you have the plywood meant for subflooring, not for table builds. The knottiness makes me think this is the case, but I am not an expert on the subject.

View attachment 1285265

Without knowing specifics, I might guess you have the plywood meant for subflooring, not for table builds. The knottiness makes me think this is the case, but I am not an expert on the subject.
It does look pretty knotty. I’d guess it’s a CDx plywood. That’s what was used on the table toppers I rehabbed, and I definitely had to to some glueing and clamping once the fabric came off the rail

On the other hand, if it’s actually delaminating and not just breaks at the knots, I’d be heading straight back to Home Depot to have a few words with the Yard manager

In either case, I’m sorry you’re hitting road bumps on your build. Waiting for glue to dry is the worst when you’re just trying get stuff done

It does look pretty knotty. I’d guess it’s a CDx plywood. That’s what was used on the table toppers I rehabbed, and I definitely had to to some glueing and clamping once the fabric came off the rail

On the other hand, if it’s actually delaminating and not just breaks at the knots, I’d be heading straight back to Home Depot to have a few words with the Yard manager

In either case, I’m sorry you’re hitting road bumps on your build. Waiting for glue to dry is the worst when you’re just trying get stuff done
Yes it is on me for going with the cheap shit - "no one will see it anyways" attitude. BUT it is actually delaminating, not just pulling away at the knots.

take this a step further and don't buy plywood from home depot or any big box store. (hindsight, i know. but next time, and for anyone reading) I would bet there's at least 1 shop near you aimed at furniture and cabinet makers. They'll sell you cabinet grade plywood and I bet the cost will be on par with the construction grade stuff you'll get from HD. Maybe a little more, but it will be flat, stable, and knot free. You don't need an expensive veneer get something at least good one side and without big voids in it. Maybe it costs a few extra buck but it will making cutting and assembling so much easier.

Understatement of this 174 page thread.

The quote...
View attachment 1275811
"Wife for perspective ...there is plenty of space for all your friends to have some fun. It’s got one spot where someone was a little lazy with their cigarette. Other than that... Come and get it! It’s heavy so you’ll need a hand... I’m happy to help"

Seriously, I'm not sure if he accidentally posted his Tinder profile in his Facebook Marketplace.
Well, there may be space for all your friends to have fun... But with all those clothes she has on, it's not going to be easy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom