Fugly Poker Table Thread (7 Viewers)

I learned German 30 years ago for a trip, and havent used it since, but I think I can still translate...

Hello,

I very much hate pokerchips for bar poker. (Cupholders are important to protect the beer)
Measurements are in metric, so nobody will know what it means.
Chips die when they hit hard tiles with
Zero padding.
"Hello,
I'm selling my homemade poker table for
Barstool. (with cup holder but without stool)
Length 178cm
Height 113cm
Width 90cm
You can also shorten the legs.
Lightly padded."

I think I like your translation better :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Looks fine to me...
Clicker.png
A clicker!

Back in the day, at the county fair there was a table like this that would spin. The vendor dropped a mouse in the middle and you had to guess which hole it would go in. Rodent Roulette, basically.

Looks like there may be some mice in those jars. I do see a lung dart in one.

That's actually pretty smart. If they add a decent rail and put some foam under the felt / speed cloth seems like a cheap and functional table
Isn't any* table a good start, if you add a decent rail and put some foam under the felt / speed cloth?

*Almost any table. This thread has taught me that there are a lot of tables that should have been aborted in the planning stages.

Isn't any* table a good start, if you add a decent rail and put some foam under the felt / speed cloth?

*Almost any table. This thread has taught me that there are a lot of tables that should have been aborted in the planning stages.
At least it isn't made out of body parts :wow: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: But now my wheels are turning I wonder what the playing surface area dimensions are. And I wonder what the cost would be to make it "decent"

At least it isn't made out of body parts :wow: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: But now my wheels are turning I wonder what the playing surface area dimensions are. And I wonder what the cost would be to make it "decent"
I was pretty close to that thinking when I was building tables when I realised that a good (not great, but good) table is...
  • A lightly padded surface that allows cards to glide. The surface should be level from rail to rail.
  • A rail. Padded and clean is best. Unpadded is acceptable, dirty is not.
  • Legs that don't get in the way.
I've made a very good table utilizing 2 used Ikea tables. Take the legs, scrap the rest. It's just a matter of realising that a 1/2" piece of plywood and legs is a table, if you add a decent rail and add some foam and felt / speed cloth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom