Frank's sets (2 Viewers)

Are these from classic poker chips?

They were a BCC group buy before my time.

Hope you are doing well

Likewise!

Just stunning Travis! Beautiful!

Perhaps someday I can get some play. Can't wait for the chance.

Congratulations on the acquisition.
I came close to pulling the trigger on these a few times! Love the design and colours... will have to come check them out in person one of these days.

As much as I love the design I'm just not sure how long my PS set will last. Not using chips in a long time has made me think about selling a few. Could probably put the funds to better use.

Love the sets @Frank! Great looking stuff my friend. The InPlays are still in great hands. :tup: The Silver Stars are beautiful.

Great to hear Tuna! Here's to hoping you can find more 1ks. What a crazy search that is :eek:. Those sets must have had pretty terrible breakdowns. I myself have been wondering just how many chips I realistically 'need' lately. I made the mistake of adding up the cost of all my sets a few months ago lol. Every so often I'll try and come up with some form of minimal 'keeper' collection but I keep changing my mind. Maybe I'll just build a house out of chips...

I definitely liked the Silver Stars too but they're actually no longer with me. Same goes for most of my TRKs! They were really awesome chips but I've been okay without them. I think others are probably enjoying them more than I was. Maybe I'll see some again someday.

I'm having a disturbing realization, and I need confirmation. We're these sets purchased outright, or did you piece them together, like baseball cards? Is that what I'm getting into here?

Most of my sets were put together in at least two separate purchases. Some people put hard to find racks together one chip at a time but that is well beyond the limits of my patience.

They were a BCC group buy before my time.

Likewise!

As much as I love the design I'm just not sure how long my PS set will last. Not using chips in a long time has made me think about selling a few. Could probably put the funds to better use.

Great to hear Tuna! Here's to hoping you can find more 1ks. What a crazy search that is :eek:. Those sets must have had pretty terrible breakdowns. I myself have been wondering just how many chips I realistically 'need' lately. I made the mistake of adding up the cost of all my sets a few months ago lol. Every so often I'll try and come up with some form of minimal 'keeper' collection but I keep changing my mind. Maybe I'll just build a house out of chips...

I definitely liked the Silver Stars too but they're actually no longer with me. Same goes for most of my TRKs! They were really awesome chips but I've been okay without them. I think others are probably enjoying them more than I was. Maybe I'll see some again someday.

Most of my sets were put together in at least two separate purchases. Some people put hard to find racks together one chip at a time but that is well beyond the limits of my patience.
Wow Frank, some amazing stuff in this thread. You certainly have good taste. Sounds like the voice of reason in some of what you say above. Good on you for coming to that realization :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom