Frac colors (1 Viewer)

ThrowBack

Two Pair
Reaction score
I’m stil trying to put together my cheap home game set and now finding myself needing smaller fracs for fixed games.

What colors are you using for nickels and dimes? Is there a standard?

Not really a standard color but I've seen white or grey alot. Works good if you have blue 1s.

Whatever you want as long as it's distinct from the .25, $1, and $5 chips you are likely to have in play at the same time.

If I had white quarters and blue 1’s, I’d probably go for yellow nickels, assuming your 5’s are red.

As long as there are contrast differences between adjacent denoms, you're probably good.

White and blue chips tend to be easily available and harvestable, and therefore a good start for conversion.

Others like to use non-denominated solids like Starbursts so they can use as is and define the value as they need on any given night.

There's a whole wide world out there....

I would only use white for a 1 or 100, nothing else

I hear blue may be a California thing? Really, what it comes down to is this “poker club” was started buy rookies who never play at a real place and the chip count we had it worked better to have blue dollars, then original regulars got stuck in their way

It should make you horrified to know that when we do need a few, greens play as $20s, because we don’t carry $25 bills, though I would go with yellows $20s if I found some

I would only use white for a 1 or 100, nothing else
You are willing to go one denom more than me.

My attitude has always been that you’ll probably my only have 3 or 4 denoms on the table at once, so you want those colors as distinct as possible. So if you have red $5s, no pink fracs. But it don’t think there are any standard colors for fracs.

I hear blue may be a California thing? Really, what it comes down to is this “poker club” was started buy rookies who never play at a real place and the chip count we had it worked better to have blue dollars, then original regulars got stuck in their way

It should make you horrified to know that when we do need a few, greens play as $20s, because we don’t carry $25 bills, though I would go with yellows $20s if I found some
I prefer the California standard, blue 1, yellow 5, black 20, purple 25, white 100

There is no wrong answer. Find what you like and use them however you want; it is your game do what looks good to you.

I use Paris 1's as our quarters.

20230126_223841.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom