Foundation d'Esprit (2 Viewers)

Are you planning on leaving the 2.50s as 2.50s and just playing them as quarters or are you going to relabel them too?
The snappers are safe Dave, we played them in Ohio "as is" as quarters with a bunch of non chippers and no one had any issues. Because of their rarity (around 600 made by my guess) and many sharing their opinions of leaving them original, I think we are just going to go with it.

Also as others have mentioned... it could be played $2.50/$5 down the road. Not that we have plans for playing such stakes, but it is there if someone wanted to run those stakes. Also the thought behind keeping 4 racks of $25s.

Awesome set guys. Congrats on this insane find yet again. While I'm not sure on murdering attar hundos, this set definitely deserves a rack of matching hundreds.

No other original denoms than snappers, fives and twentyfives?
There are original $1s but no $100s. We have no idea where the $1s went but were not available with the set and had already been sold off by the owners. I think we have 4 - 5 of the $1s but like @Josh Kifer chips, the inlays were mostly destroyed apparently from a oil leak from a furnace in the basement that covered the chips in heating oil. They soaked them in rice and got the oil out of the clay... but saddly it ran behind the inlays on many of these chips.

They also had a solid brown Hot Stamp non denom chip that we are guessing was used as a frac, but have none of those either, but it is on the chip guide.

There are original $1s but no $100s. We have no idea where the $1s went but were not available with the set and had already been sold off by the owners. I think we have 4 - 5 of the $1s but like @Josh Kifer chips, the inlays were mostly destroyed apparently from a oil leak from a furnace in the basement that covered the chips in heating oil. They soaked them in rice and got the oil out of the clay... but saddly it ran behind the inlays on many of these chips.

They also had a solid brown Hot Stamp non denom chip that we are guessing was used as a frac, but have none of those either, but it is on the chip guide.
My chips have personality! Not stains!

Well after weeks of hand washing and oiling these beauties, we have finally agreed on our final set break down. Still waiting for one more rack of the $1s but
View attachment 793041
You may ask why one more rack of $1s... well we have decided it really can cover two tables of cash and I prefer a few more $1s on the table when playing $.25/$.50, but in reality it is my OCD
View attachment 793044
Back 5 rows are 3 stacks deep, front two are only 2 racks deep... gotta fill that hole! Lol

We do plan to murder the Jerry's Nuggets to make $1 D' esprits... still debating on the Aztar $100s they are glossy inlay while the rest are textured. And with making the $1s correct it would be hard to leave the $100s original. I guess time will tell, but for now gotta put together the inlay design and get on the Gear wait list!

I dont love the aztar 100s in there. They are one of my favorite 100s, but don't seem to fit quite right in that set.

I dont love the aztar 100s in there. They are one of my favorite 100s, but don't seem to fit quite right in that set.
We really like them here. It incorporates some yellow I was after which seemed impossible, and a little purple as well. From the angle of the picture they may seem to clash with the $5s but on the table they don't at all.

We really like them here. It incorporates some yellow I was after which seemed impossible, and a little purple as well. From the angle of the picture they may seem to clash with the $5s but on the table they don't at all.
It is hard to find yellow on a 100 that's true, and if you like them with the set that's all that matters. I don't dislike them in there, just doesn't fit perfectly to my eye (atleast in the pic).

CDM20s would work as well. Given the colors you all have probably the black ones instead of the charcoal ones. Could do one of those faux shaped inlay things from gear instead of removing an actual shaped inlay.

I've got 19 of them kicking around here somewhere but shouldn't be too hard to track down the other 81.

No thanks on CDM $20s, appreciate the offer though, sticking with the Aztars. We don't need a perfect set in everyone's eyes, we both love this line up and that's good enough for us.
cool beans, sorry, thought you all were looking for an alternative, must have misread something. it's a really nice set and glad that the blue snappers work out as quarters, that's freaking awesome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom