Folding Table Storage (1 Viewer)

chubbyone

Straight
Reaction score
Back for more expertise...

How do you guys store your folding tables? Concerned about extended time sitting on the long edge rail foam. FWIW it's a chanman 8-person basic table.

I'm thinking of devising some hooks to hang it, keep it against the wall and up away from any potential basement water too (though that has never happened in my home, never say never in Buffalo, NY with our crazy winters). I have an unfinished side to my basement where I would do this. Anything easier and more obvious I'm not thinking of?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Here's my storage solution for my second table. Saves floor space. The legs are removable, but I think a folding table could be stored here as well...

I do have a third table with folding legs, and I actually stand it upright with the felt facing the wall in my basement. I place it on some old carpeting to protect the vinyl, but it primarily rests on the wood edge, not the vinyl. This is not ideal, but it's not a chan table... I don't care about it as much.

IMG_0927.JPG
IMG_0929.JPG

The table is actually setup for "kickstands". I can send you the hardware for you to install them in your table, or you can make it yourself.
That's ingenious. I'm not in the market for buying a table, but @T_Chan I'm really impressed with your tables including features I've never even seen before like "kickstands" for storage.

For a table I used to store at my old place, I took a large cardboard box, and folded the cardboard to create a U-shaped 'channel' for the table to sit in on when it was folded up and on it's side (or end) in storage. I also cut few more long, skinny, cardboard strips for the table to sit on, so the rail wasn't sitting directly on the ground, but instead on a few layers of cardboard inside the 'channel'. It made it easier to slide in and out of the storage area too, as the cardboard was sliding on the floor, instead of the table.

Thanks, but I can't take the credit. I saw someone else do something similar many years ago and started using it for my own tables.

The entire table is elevated off the ground. You can fit your hand between the floor and the rail, only the kickstands contact the floor. The rest of the table does need to lean against a wall or something otherwise the table would just fall forward.

The entire table is elevated off the ground. You can fit your hand between the floor and the rail, only the kickstands contact the floor. The rest of the table does need to lean against a wall or something otherwise the table would just fall forward.
Do you sell those?

Just the kickstands? Yes though the table needs some modification to install them. Mainly drill holes through the base and countersink some holes in the underside of the rail. A couple of drill bits get the job done. PM for pricing if you want to get a pair.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom