Flamingo Cologne - A chip set, not a fragrance (1 Viewer)

Where's the pinks in this splash pot???
I have some used / well loved fuchsia solids here but I intend to use the rack in excellent condition that is still at my reshipper in the states. So no pink chip pr0n yet. :(
Btw, I can kind of see a textured look on the Gear labels. How do you like the textured feel? Is there a noticeable issue with the original $1's having smooth inlays? (I guess it depends how OCD you are.)
I freaking love love love the textured feel. I was patient enough to get some samples from gear before placing the order and no way in hell was I gonna miss out on the textured lables for my solids set.

It does not bother me at all that the original $1s feel a little different, but hey, that might just be me. ;)

I have some used / well loved fuchsia solids here but I intend to use the rack in excellent condition that is still at my reshipper in the states. So no pink chip pr0n yet. :(

I freaking love love love the textured feel. I was patient enough to get some samples from gear before placing the order and no way in hell was I gonna miss out on the textured lables for my solids set.

It does not bother me at all that the original $1s feel a little different, but hey, that might just be me. ;)
You sold me. Thanks!

Altering a Gear order now.

Have to say this one one stunning set you have going! I really love the color scheme and simplicity, heck I'd love this set regardless of the sticker design (but the sticker design is perfectly simple and complimentary). Now I want this color scheme....

Have to say this one one stunning set you have going! I really love the color scheme and simplicity, heck I'd love this set regardless of the sticker design (but the sticker design is perfectly simple and complimentary). Now I want this color scheme....
Thank you, that is nice to hear. :)
That flamingo lable design is timeless and makes everything pop.
I am glad I did not give up on my idea on that yellow five.

Some news I'd like to share.
I managed to trade for / buy another 3 racks of flamingos in the states:
PXL_20210312_182809913 (1).jpg

1 rack from @SpaceMonkey420
PXL_20210331_224131132 (1).jpg

2 racks from @WhiteMamba1646 s very recent harvesting trip.

This brings me to a total of 500 $1s which should be plenty for nl and might open up some possibilities for limit games if I manage to get another 400.

But wait, there's more!
I just spent the most money I've ever spend per chip, but I feel it was totally worth it:
IMG-20210408-WA0020.jpeg

Sometimes you just have to treat yourself with a piece of flamingo history. :love:

@arch3r is about to send two boxes with around 1000 chips towards germany. Around half of those are destined for the flamingo set. Finally I'll have a rack of fracs, three more racks of $1s, another rack of $5s and two barrels of $100s.

This brings the total breakdown so far to
100x .25
620x $1 (including the spotted flamingos)
240x $5
160x $20
40x $100
This should cover stakes of.25/.25 up to $1/$2 nicely and give me the option to have 2/4 limit games. I'm really excited to introduce my players to circus games since all we've ever played is no limit hold'em.

I've also put in an order of add ons with @Gear a few weeks ago since I've aquired more chips than I had anticipated when I placed my first order of lables. Shouldn't take much longer now.

I'll post pr0n as soon as I have more chips in hand.

@arch3r is about to send two boxes with around 1000 chips towards germany. Around half of those are destined for the flamingo set. Finally I'll have a rack of fracs, three more racks of $1s, another rack of $5s and two barrels of $100s.
Chips? What chips? I don't know what you are talking about. :unsure: :p ;) :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, you need to work more on your threats, officer Lovejoy.

@arch3r sent out the final pieces of my flamingo set and everything arrived safely!
I can now start the final phase of completing the set.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I already started flattening and cleaning the chips.
IMG-20210422-WA0043.jpeg

It shouldn't be too long before it's my turn @Gear Lables to get my final add ons.

So all the chips are here and most of the lables are here. I'll try to get everything ready over the weekend and take some cool pictures of the whole set.

Do you use any heat or just stick to the clamps?
Heat is required. I tried just using clamps / weight on the chips without much of a change.

I put the chips with ceramic blanks in between in the clamp, tighten (not too much, just so that even the more warped ones are flat between the ceramics) and put them in the oven at 50° celsius. I put them in during preheat (takes about 3 min) and another 8 min when the temperature is reached.

I just take them out and let them cool without any additional tightening. I let them cool at room temperature for about an hour until they are not warm to the touch anymore.

Nothing special or labor intensive and works very nicely.

View attachment 684132
Still some fuchsias in the oven, but I felt the need to set them up for a family picture already. ;)
View attachment 684133
I count 11 racks, doesn't this bite at your OCD a little bit as the case / bird cage will only take 10 racks?
I'll just go ahead and take those spotted $1s for you. I don't want to, but will do so for the good of your collection.

I count 11 racks, doesn't this bite at your OCD a little bit as the case / bird cage will only take 10 racks?
I'll just go ahead and take those spotted $1s for you. I don't want to, but will do so for the good of your collection.
A true friend indeed. :D

And don't worry about my OCD. More racks of $1s are about to be aquired to finish the 900/100 limit set.
I'm banking on @WhiteMamba1646 s next harvesting trip. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom