Flamingo Cologne - A chip set, not a fragrance (2 Viewers)

Actually I was a few hours late with the addition of the" , DE", so the lables were already printed without it. It's fine, I think it gives it a more clean and less cluttered look. Also in Germany we don't put our equivalent of a state behind city names. It's nothing that is gonna bother me in any way. :)
yea, it is fine this way too.

The $1s stay as they are as an homage to the original and to save on a lot of work that is not really necessary, I feel.
I could go either way on this one, but I like your decision.

And yes gear textured laminate lables. :)
Best laminate by far

About to be milled by my trusted executioner @arch3r
16138324735946561065472779149166.jpg

Congratulations man!
Very nice project, and a truly loving effort!:)

If you 're going to get a really dark felt (which I would strongly recommend), I 'd go with
green frac, light blue $1, yellow $5, fuchsia $20, white $100.
You could also have a dark blue $10.

Since we don't have quarter coins in Europe, and for better versatility, I would make the frac non-denominated or make a .10 and a .50 (probably too late now?).

Congratulations man!
Very nice project, and a truly loving effort!:)

If you 're going to get a really dark felt (which I would strongly recommend), I 'd go with
green frac, light blue $1, yellow $5, fuchsia $20, white $100.
You could also have a dark blue $10.
Yes, a dark felt is a given when I finally build my table.
Since we don't have quarter coins in Europe, and for better versatility, I would make the frac non-denominated or make a .10 and a .50 (probably too late now?).
Yeah no way to change the lables now. ;)
I have ordered 5c lables in addition to the 25c though to have the option for one more denom. I don't intend to use them atm.

Lable pr0n:
IMG-20210227-WA0005.jpeg

And here are some tests with the lables:
Option #1
IMG_20210227_170129.jpg

Option #2
IMG_20210227_170108.jpg

Option #3 (classic cali colors)
IMG_20210227_171531.jpg

Option #4 as suggested by @Coyote
IMG_20210227_170451.jpg

Option #5 as suggested by @warma
IMG_20210227_172826.jpg

Opinions?

Last edited:
#5. Fuchsia blue yellow green white. I recall you saying you like the fuchsia/blue over green/blue. Otherwise #4.

Black doesn’t shine on your table.

Imo you can’t wrong with either option, but if pressed I would say cali colors. Congrats on an awesome set whatever you choose!

#5. Fuchsia blue yellow green white. I recall you saying you like the fuchsia/blue over green/blue. Otherwise #4.

Black doesn’t shine on your table.
Good point, I've edited in option #5.
To clarify though, the bg is not my table. But yes, it will be a dark felt.

Of course, I will support my #4 suggestion ("If you don't support your house, it shall collapse on you" - Greek proverb :LOL: :laugh: )
I 've got jobs for the other colors too: $10 for the dark blues (as I said before) and .50 for the charcoals, to be used interchangeably with the .25s, according to stakes played.
:)

Of course, I will support my #4 suggestion ("If you don't support your house, it shall collapse on you" - Greek proverb :LOL: :laugh: )
I 've got jobs for the other colors too: $10 for the dark blues (as I said before) and .50 for the charcoals, to be used interchangeably with the .25s, according to stakes played.
:)
I couldn't keep up with the size of the pot with that many different denoms on the table. ;)

I couldn't keep up with the size of the pot with that many different denoms on the table. ;)
That's why I said interchangeably.
In a .25/.25 game, your top value chip can be $10 (so, no $20s - and, of course, no .50s)
In a .50/.50 or .50/$1 game, you won't be using either .25s or $10s

Edit: If the white chip is going to be used, then only as top-value chip ($100). They get dirty at no time.

Last edited:
It is decided.

Option #5 will be the final lineup. Thank you @warma for this great idea. The white hundo really makes the other colors shine.

IMG_20210227_172826.jpg

@arch3r is milling two white barrels as we speak to get everything ready for shipping.

Most chips still have to be sent to germany but I have half of the yellows and two racks of day green right here and I have started the labeling process.
Taking my time with these. Feels good when it finally all starts coming together after starting this project back in November.
IMG-20210301-WA0034.jpeg

Love the set; well done! Are you going to throw those 5c labels on the blacks?

I'm thinking about it. I got the 5ct lables just in case but the plan for now is to not use this set for nanostakes. I got an isle of capri set with a 10ct frac to cover the lowest buyin games and I wanna reward the players that dare to move up in stakes with the flamingo set.

I've just recently started out on a similar quest. I have these chips in hand, some chips en route, some still to find, milling services to acquire, and labels to procure. I will end up with a slightly different color scheme than yours, and I'm thinking of using a different city for each denomination.

Pink Blue.jpg

Some pre-completion pr0n.
View attachment 648194
The fuchsias and whites are to be replaced by chips in better condition.
Those are waiting in the US for a third rack of minty flamingos if @SpaceMonkey420 can make it happen.
As soon as I get that rack and @arch3r milled those whites I'll get the last pieces on their way to germany.
I got a big box today..... about to open it. I think I hear a ton of birds chirping in there =)

Btw, I can kind of see a textured look on the Gear labels. How do you like the textured feel? Is there a noticeable issue with the original $1's having smooth inlays? (I guess it depends how OCD you are.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom