Cash Game Fixed Limit Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Mojo1312

Full House
Reaction score
I have only played FL Hold-em and 7CS. I enjoy the latter, but the former is a little dry for me.

Why not have three fixed limit amounts for flop games in place of spread limit?

Like $1 blinds with FL bets of $3/$6/$12 for example? Or $1/$1 blinds with FL bets of $2/$5/$10?

Or alternatively, a 50% jump on the river? i.e. $2/$4/$6.

Last edited:
I have only played FL Hold-em and 7CS. I enjoy the latter, but the former is a little dry for me.

Why not have three fixed limit amounts for flop games in place of spread limit?

Like $1 blinds with FL bets of $3/$6/$12 for example? Or $1/$1 blinds with FL bets of $2/$5/$10?

Or alternatively, a 50% jump on the river? i.e. $2/$4/$6.
Hey, just saw this and saw nobody answered you. I am a fixed limit fan, and here's what my response would be:

-The beauty in fixed limit is in it's simplicity. It makes the decisions easy, invites action, and makes for a friendly game. It also makes for a faster game. There is no reason to change what is not broken with FL. There is NL and Spread limit for those that can't stand the structure of FL.
-Also, making the river bet larger would actually make looser play better by putting extra reward on draws and suckouts....which is not a problem with FL....actually the opposite.

I get why people don't like LHE. Overpairs get cracked all the time. Too many people see flops, yadda yadda. However, it's precisely this that makes it better than NL for cash home games. Big splashy pots with lots of action and an easy structure.

TLDR: Dont try to fix what's not broken.

I do think there would be some merit in raising the bet on the last street to @Mojo1312 's idea.

But otherwise, I love limit games as they are.

I do think there would be some merit in raising the bet on the last street to @Mojo1312 's idea.

But otherwise, I love limit games as they are.
Me too. As grebe said, it’s the elegant simplicity that makes limit games attractive. As soon as spread limit of alternate betting enters the discussion, simple and elegant leaps out the window.

I've played in a $4-8-12-12 Omaha (high only) at Harrah's, New Orleans. All $1 chips. That game got crazy, with a mountain of chips in every pot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom