First set (Ukraine themed) (2 Viewers)

celemourn

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I've been playing around with the tool at pokerchipdesigntool.com and felt inspired to make a Ukraine themed set. I used DallE 2 to generate an image of a sunflower, and filled in the details. I may or may not end up getting this set made, but I'd welcome any feedback or advice anyone is willing to give. Note that this is not intended to be political, I just really like the colors and the sunflowers, so I thought it would be neat to make. See attachment.

Full Set B-notext.png

Thanks!

Kelly

Beautiful chips! But the numbers really get lost and clash. There are ways to incorporate the big flower without it overpowering. Try making that the centerpiece but not the whole inlay, or just the bottom? Or on one face the flower, the other side has denomination and a location in Ukraine? Spitballing ways to keep that flower.

Or lean the other way and dont have any denominations on it, just make some beautiful chips and name your stakes.

I think you will have to decide between whether you want a cash set or a tournament set. Keeping the number of chips down to 4-5 would be easier, then you can choose base colours for maximum contrast.

I would not use the exact same edge spot pattern and colour for all the chips. Keep the consistent colours in the inlay.

I am never a fan of photos on an inlay. I think if you went with a drawing of a sunflower it will turn out looking a lot nicer, and the font of the denomination will look better over it too.

You’re asking for major dirty stack trouble with that 100 and 1000, and potentially the 500 too depending on your lighting.
I googled 'standard' chip colors, and one of the results suggested maroon for the 1000. I don't really care for it though, precisely because it's too close to the 100 and 500. Do you have a different color that you'd recommend, or should I just pick one that stands out?

Yes sir.

Imo there is better vectors lighter than the sunflower.

images

ukraine-coat-of-arms-shield-logo-vector.png

images
I really like that first one. I may use it for the back. The last one also looks nice but I'd rather have a version without the soldiers on it, just the symbol with the gradiant.

I am never a fan of photos on an inlay. I think if you went with a drawing of a sunflower it will turn out looking a lot nicer, and the font of the denomination will look better over it too.
Well, it's actually an AI generated image, rather than an actual photo, but I understand your point. I'll play around with the AI and see if I can get something less photorealistic and see how it looks. Thank you for the suggestion. In the mean time, here's an update that should make things look a bit cleaner, and uses a back side as well.

Full Set C.png

Thanks,

Kelly

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom