Fireworks anyone? (1 Viewer)

CptainCanuck

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else celebrating tomorrow by blowing up a part of the country? Our lake association is putting on a show, then I’ll be setting off 60-100 fireworks (depending on when I feel like stopping).

Fusing most of them up right now.
17354CD0-CEDC-4C8C-80B4-0E783315A0CB.jpeg
ADD3576C-1AE9-4447-8E42-2F5F01C1ADD2.jpeg
5884B5DA-C3C0-4074-8C6B-1B24A19425F8.jpeg
F831651C-614A-4F0B-99F0-94C3A6A63E9D.jpeg

Hell yes. I don’t have pictures of the stash because it’s all at my buddy’s house. He lives on a pond, so we’ll be shooting off this raft:
BD056DA1-7662-4E24-B7F3-4744BD203D5C.jpeg
We’ve got about twenty 500 gram cakes and 200-250 shells.
The show should last about ten minutes with a grand finale that will include nine 200 gram cakes and 75 canister shells in about 15 second.
We’ve been doing a show on the 4th for 5-6 years and we’ve learned a lot every year. Two years ago we had something like 80 cakes and 150 shells. The show was supposed to last 18 minutes, but we had a fuse jump which caused our finale to go off at the 4 minute mark and then the rest of the show burned at both ends, resulting in an 8 minute show. Live and learn.

Anyone else celebrating tomorrow by blowing up a part of the country? Our lake association is putting on a show, then I’ll be setting off 60-100 fireworks (depending on when I feel like stopping).

Fusing most of them up right now. View attachment 731106View attachment 731107View attachment 731108View attachment 731109
By the way, just an FYI, if that fuse you’ve got those shells on is that American made red lacquered fuse, I hope you’ve tested it. I have some of that and it’s the slowest fuse Ive ever used. I think it’s labeled at 40 seconds per foot, but it seemed closer to a minute.

By the way, just an FYI, if that fuse you’ve got those shells on is that American made red lacquered fuse, I hope you’ve tested it. I have some of that and it’s the slowest fuse Ive ever used. I think it’s labeled at 40 seconds per foot, but it seemed closer to a minute.
Good call, I’ll test some tonight. It’s made in China, 25-28sec/ft. Also have some 10-12 sec for the finale & last canisters.

Hell yes. I don’t have pictures of the stash because it’s all at my buddy’s house. He lives on a pond, so we’ll be shooting off this raft:
View attachment 731242We’ve got about twenty 500 gram cakes and 200-250 shells.
The show should last about ten minutes with a grand finale that will include nine 200 gram cakes and 75 canister shells in about 15 second.
We’ve been doing a show on the 4th for 5-6 years and we’ve learned a lot every year. Two years ago we had something like 80 cakes and 150 shells. The show was supposed to last 18 minutes, but we had a fuse jump which caused our finale to go off at the 4 minute mark and then the rest of the show burned at both ends, resulting in an 8 minute show. Live and learn.
That sounds like an amazing show. Do you set it off remotely?

This is my first year playing with fusing things together. Last year was all 500g cakes manually lit one by one for 30 minutes, not doing that again. Have a handful of 500g cakes on a pallet fuzed up, and 96 canisters (may add another 48 tomorrow if I can get a deal at the stand).

That sounds like an amazing show. Do you set it off remotely?

This is my first year playing with fusing things together. Last year was all 500g cakes manually lit one by one for 30 minutes, not doing that again. Have a handful of 500g cakes on a pallet fuzed up, and 96 canisters (may add another 48 tomorrow if I can get a deal at the stand).
We’ve been dipping our toes in the remote ignition waters. I’ve got a couple of those 3-module, 12-cue Chinese import setups you can get on eBay for $30.
it’s mostly a single fuse show, which will be started remotely, and then the next 7 minutes are just fused together, one cake or rack after the other. But the finale is separate - it will be fired remotely, with most of it on the raft, but with two other 25 shot crate racks, sitting in trash barrels, sunk a few feet in the water on the far left and far right. Those barrels are a new thing for us this year - an attempt to stretch out the stage and fill up more sky.
Our first year we hand fired everything separately, then in subsequent years we started fusing things together. But that year we had 80 cakes - we bit off more than we could chew. It took the whole day to fuse it all together and in the rush we made the mistake that led to the fuse-jump. So we’re trying it differently this year. Like I said, live and learn.

wow wish we could have that here, anything that goes up in air is illegal. they fly drones here to catch people who have smuggled em into hawaii.
I’ve heard what black market fireworks sell for in Hawaii. And people think Paulsons are expensive . . .

I’ve heard what black market fireworks sell for in Hawaii. And people think Paulsons are expensive . . .
I think the 12 single shell shot is about $150 and the 500g cakes are like 400-600$
The small cakes are like $100

Big shows on the major lakes down in Texas. Watching fireworks on a boat is pretty awesome

I woke up at 3am. He had broken through the gate and joined me upstairs. This is the first time he has navigated the stairs.

20210704_025852.jpg

The city I work in fires their fireworks off of a bridge in the middle of town. A couple years ago, my company finished building a 10-story office building half a block away. We will be watching the fireworks in air conditioning, with the fireworks going off pretty much right in front of us. Did it two years ago (no fireworks last year), and it was awesome.

Massive failure at Ocean City, MD this afternoon. Oops.
FA9C2E5A-0017-42AF-89BD-F47060573CCE.jpeg

Shot off a single mortar this afternoon, old lady next door called the cops smfh

Happy independence day!! I thought I would share some pics of something I enjoyed growing up.

My dad and his brother have been making fireworks for over 40 years in Malta. The Feast of St. Paul which is highly celebrated in Malta falls on 4th of July and I spent most summers in Malta growing up, always around the fireworks side of the feast.

Around 12 guys donate their spare time all year for 1 week of celebrations. My Uncle being the head Pyrotechnition and in charge at St. Pauls Fireworks factory in Rabat, Malta I would spend a lot of time there helping setup for the coming week of festivities.

It's hot there in the summer and this is some sweaty work digging trenches for 1-2k piece finales, or burying huge 8" - 12" steel tubes that will eventually shoot giant shells some 3ft long and 8" around. It all happens out in some grape fields not far from the main church piazza. All of these are lit with nothing more than a cigarette and a 3 foot thick wall of limestone for which to run and hide behind. As soon as one goes up, a team goes out, cleans the prior tube and loads the next one, light and run, repeat.

During the whole week of the feast we even set huge shells off during the day with no color. 8am, and again at Noon. Lmao, I'm sure there is haters in Malta as well but from June through August each town/village/city celebrates some patron saint and you can hear the boom all across the island.

Something pretty unique to the Mediterranean are Mechanised ground fireworks. I uploaded a video showing the il Tapit (the carpet), lol its pretty obnoxious so lower your volume.

Passing the torch to my little brother. His first time down in the fields

I know some people hate fireworks, sorry about that.

It sounds like Bastogne here and people are shooting them into the air despite state law to the contrary. Real danger of roofs catching on fire with everything so dry here. Quite a few homeowners out “watching” but they’re really staring at their roofs.

It's technically illegal for the average joe to buy fireworks in Florida. However, as long as you sign a form stating that you're using them to scare vermin or for religious purposes, you can buy pretty much whatever you want.

Most years I'll buy a few small ones and have some fun with the kids. I don't bother with the bigger ones since I have a couple neighbors who spend hundreds of dollars on them every year. We get to watch from our yard, and I don't have to set it up or clean up the mess.

Tonight, though, we just stayed inside and watched TV. Fireworks have been going off in my neighborhood for hours every night since Friday, and the whole family is just over it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom